When I first bought this phone I remember it had more folders than I knew what to do with. I immediately compacted my home screen to only 8 instead of like the 50 it came with, which has sped up my phone a bit. Anyway, I was talking to one of my friends with a Curve and I can't find my blackberry IM or my instant messenger folder. I have AIM, windows live messenger and yahoo! but no blackberry IM. How do I get it back if it isn't on the phone? I don't remember deleting it but I've tried everything. It isn't in application, I've tried hitting "show all" and that doesn't work either.

Someone please help me.

Matt
    02-24-09 11:32 PM
    you can restore all the icons to the original positions, like it is when you first get the phone. just hit bb button > options > reset icon arangement. The only bad part is that you have to rehide everything you spent the time changing up
    02-24-09 11:49 PM
    Ok well that didn't work. In fact it sucks even more now because (like you said) I have all of these crazy icons up here that I don't want AND I still don't have BB IM.

It's clearly not installed on my phone anymore. It said something about getting it back through Desktop Manager but I don't even know what that is. Can someone help me PLEASE?
    03-03-09 11:36 PM
    is it available on the DM...I haven't looked, but have you?
    03-03-09 11:40 PM
    All you need to do is use the desktop manager software on your computer. Plug your berry into your computer and go to desktop manager>application loader>make sure bbm is checked and viola it will re-install it. Hope this helps...
    03-03-09 11:40 PM
    All you need to do is use the desktop manager software on your computer. Plug your berry into your computer and go to desktop manager>application loader>make sure bbm is checked and viola it will re-install it. Hope this helps...
    Is DM just the VZW access manager? There's an application part but not a loader. If you could help me I would appreciate it cause I don't completely understand what youre suggesting.
    03-04-09 12:42 AM
    DM is the desktop manager. The app that runs on your pc and allows you to backup, restore, etc. There is an option on the main screen that says applications. Scroll through and make sure Blackberry messenger is checked. If not it will install and reboot and the program should be in the instant messaging folder.
    03-04-09 01:53 AM
    Your bb came with 2 disks the one with access manager is the wrong disk insert the other one and its on threa
    And its on there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD