ok I messaged ya back with directions on what to do. did ya get it?
    12-30-08 05:16 PM
    when i go in there and press register now it says "registration sent" in the form of a prompt, what does that mean? sent where lol

And for the other guys Didnt get anywhere with Verizon
    12-30-08 05:19 PM
    Went to LIME's BIS site to try to register still says PIN and IMEI in use by another provider
    12-30-08 05:23 PM
    OK, I believe boisechic888 will get you set up, give him a chance.

Also, did you see the directions to do a device wipe to get the device back to *out of the box*, condition? If not, look back because I posted it and it does work..
    12-30-08 05:59 PM
    OK IM IN BUSINESS, Thanks Alot boisechic888, not sure if what you did worked but BajanBastard came over and did the sim swap as well, all his BIS stuff came over immediately and internet and mail were all working so that means its free. So YEH MY STORM IS 100% Free thanks to all for help, ME and Bajanbastard were outside surfing the net on our lowly GPRS after about 20 mins the battery was almost fully drained, so its now charging but overall, I would say battery life is great, my phone had a lot of heavy usage today and batter lasted for about 15hrs and thats like i said under heavy usage, sill monitor this
    12-30-08 08:06 PM
    Help Help I just read over this thead and I am going through the same thing. can you release my PIN?? Please please. I called verizon and they said the old owener needs to call.
    12-30-08 08:51 PM
    For those of you using these phones on a GSM carrier and complaining about the number showing up on the calling screen as not your own, you'll need to change the CDMA programming for the number. This has been documented before in a couple of posts by me to others asking this same question, but I'll mention it again.

Dial ##000000 Send. Edit all entries for the old number and put in your number if you want. Menu/Save and you're done. However, this is marely a cosmetic issue as that number is not used during GSM network access.
    12-30-08 08:59 PM
    OK IM IN BUSINESS, Thanks Alot boisechic888, not sure if what you did worked but BajanBastard came over and did the sim swap as well, all his BIS stuff came over immediately and internet and mail were all working so that means its free. So YEH MY STORM IS 100% Free thanks to all for help, ME and Bajanbastard were outside surfing the net on our lowly GPRS after about 20 mins the battery was almost fully drained, so its now charging but overall, I would say battery life is great, my phone had a lot of heavy usage today and batter lasted for about 15hrs and thats like i said under heavy usage, sill monitor this
    Yep i think the issue is resolved. I slapped my SIM card in signed into my BIS account and the emails, browser everything worked great. So all he has to do i get his SIM activated and he's in business.

On the Storm: IT IS AWESOME!!! I mean wow... One of the reasons i upgraded to the 8900 is because all of the complains i've been hearing about the Storm. But i'm SURE i'm getting one now. Web pages are beautiful! Makes the browser on my old 8320 look like a 5 years old crayon drawing.

Typing was a bit weird but after about 5-10 minutes i stated to really enjoy it. Overall love at first press.
    12-30-08 10:59 PM
    I hope to get the same results..
    12-30-08 11:34 PM
    Yep i think the issue is resolved. I slapped my SIM card in signed into my BIS account and the emails, browser everything worked great. So all he has to do i get his SIM activated and he's in business.

On the Storm: IT IS AWESOME!!! I mean wow... One of the reasons i upgraded to the 8900 is because all of the complains i've been hearing about the Storm. But i'm SURE i'm getting one now. Web pages are beautiful! Makes the browser on my old 8320 look like a 5 years old crayon drawing.

Typing was a bit weird but after about 5-10 minutes i stated to really enjoy it. Overall love at first press.

This was funny, watching how he approached the touchscreen BB as a regular BB addict I could see how alot of BB users may be initially frustrated, but he started to get into it quick

Civic, thanks for heads up on changing number and area code lol that was my next question, phone kept calling back to US when I dailed numbers in my phonebook with no area code in front of them lol
    12-31-08 05:00 AM
    86er I am so glad you got your phone working....
    WTG Boisechic888 for stepping up and helping him out!
    I enjoyed reading this thread and watching it work out. I was holding my breath towards the end LOL.
    CB at it's best
    12-31-08 07:52 AM
    Civic, thanks for heads up on changing number and area code lol that was my next question, phone kept calling back to US when I dailed numbers in my phonebook with no area code in front of them lol
    The area and country code changes are in Smart Dialing Options under Phone/Menu/Options.

As for what got your phone going, it wasn't the other SIM card, it was something the other person did or even the reps you spoke with ultimately. Changing SIMs would not trigger a PIN disassociation from a BIS account. If it did, then using your SIM the first time like you did when you got the phone would have done the same thing, which it didn't. This was pure coincidence and timing.... just want you to be aware of what exact steps had to transpire for this to work, so if it happens again, you don't take the wrong route again.
    12-31-08 08:16 AM
    I, too, have been watching this thread like a soap. lol, glad everything worked out and to boisechic888 cheers
    12-31-08 09:10 AM
    The area and country code changes are in Smart Dialing Options under Phone/Menu/Options.

As for what got your phone going, it wasn't the other SIM card, it was something the other person did or even the reps you spoke with ultimately. Changing SIMs would not trigger a PIN disassociation from a BIS account. If it did, then using your SIM the first time like you did when you got the phone would have done the same thing, which it didn't. This was pure coincidence and timing.... just want you to be aware of what exact steps had to transpire for this to work, so if it happens again, you don't take the wrong route again.
    Dude. IDK how it works with carriers in the US but that's how it works here. I can take ANY GSM berry (once unlocked) slap in my SIM card and the device will go to GPRS from gprs and start receiving data. I've tried this on about a 12-13 berries that where never activated on BIS and 5 (IIRC) that were but the SIM card removed by the previous owner. I reason his SIM didn't work is because it's not registered with BIS locally, mine is. Point is the SIM switch works. (common even a berry addict like you could be wrong sometimes ) LOLI'm off to collect my 8900. Looking forward to your reply.
    12-31-08 09:20 AM
    I am having BIS promlems too. Called Verizon twice they want to talk with old owner, called BB twice and can't get a hold of the old owner (I even sent texts to 3 of his buddies in the contacts) No dice. So now I just have a phone that I bought for my sister that will just do text and call out..

What a bummer. I think the old owner owes Verizon some $$ so he dosn't want to call me or them
    12-31-08 11:42 AM
    I realize the wipe wont help with the problem but he did ask how to wipe the phone of personal info so I gave the directions for doing it without the cord.

I did your wipe and Now I dont have email setup. Do I have to reinstall with BB desktop?
    12-31-08 12:14 PM
    It was like almost watching When Harry met Sally...not really but intriguing the least.
    12-31-08 01:58 PM
    I did your wipe and Now I dont have email setup. Do I have to reinstall with BB desktop?

Ok things looking good now just need email and browser to go.
    12-31-08 05:27 PM
    I am having the same problem w/ this BIS SETUP...
    But phone I got was from Asurion...
    02-07-09 07:42 AM
    Hi I have this very same problem in UK its a right pain hopefully boise can help me too.
    02-07-09 09:25 AM
    boisechic.. i am stuck with a phone registered on VZW network.. and I am on AT&T...The ebay seller is refusing to reply.. could you please help me out too... I would be really grateful if you could...
    03-31-09 05:14 PM
    Wow - I was on the edge of my seat - I'm really glad you got that sorted out!

We have a great Community here!!!
    03-31-09 05:33 PM
    I almost had my blackberry turned on that i bought from some one but then they said the phone have a negative table on the account and it couldnt b turned what else is there 2 do from there
    04-16-09 11:27 AM
    i almost had my blackberry turnd on that i bought from some one and now they sayn it has a negative toll on there and it cant b turned on now what is there to do
    04-16-09 11:30 AM
    Just come across this thread as I'm having exactly the same situation with a BB9000 Bold that I got on eBay from a reputable seller with a 100% record but who doesn't know the name of the original user. The BB was on Vodafone and their helpdesk people are very unhelpful, insisting that they can't give me the details of the previous user for "security reasons", and won't contact him themselves even though there is no security risk if they do that. I've checked PIN/IMEI on various registers and don't think the phone is stolen - just hit a brick wall. It would be great if WTG Boisechic88 could help me too, or help me to find out the contact details of the first owner.
    04-24-09 06:25 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD