Sounds to me like it's stolen, and she doesn't want Verizon involved because she knows it will show up stolen.
    my thoughts exactly
    12-30-08 12:55 PM
    BIS/BES functionality and provisioning is not tied to the SIM card. It's tied to the PIN and IMEI of the phone. Big difference my friend.
    Here's my shot in the dark on this one. When i had my 8100 and 8320 i would simply take out my SIM out of the active berry slap it into the one i wanted to use and go to the mobile set up site on the phone, put in my name and password and it would ask me if i wanted to switch devices and that's that.

Now i figure if he uses my SIM (i say it's data ready because i can put it into any GSM berry and sign in the berry get data) he can switch accts. As i said shot in the dark.
    12-30-08 12:55 PM
    ok now calling, i hope this isnt a stolen phone indeed, i gave them the number that is on this phone the lady just called me a "Mr. Davis or David Thomas" .

Ok done now they couldnt help me because I was not Mr. Thomas, they said he would have to do it. I dont no who he is thats not the person I bought phone from. I think this chick sold me a stolen phone, they couldnt give me any imformation on the phone whether it was activated or not or blacklisted or not becuz i was not him. What do I do now?
    12-30-08 02:44 PM
    the number I gave them shows up as my number when i make calls seeing as i havent wiped phone yet as it didnt even come with a micro US cable so havent been able to. You guys think if I try to call this number i can reach this guy and ask him if he did sell his phone or if it was stolen and see if he can help or is that a bad idea?
    12-30-08 02:45 PM
    did you pay through paypal? If so, start a dispute. It sounds like this is stolen. The seller will then have to resolve this otherwise paypal will give you your money back. So either your situation will be settled or you'll get your money back.
    12-30-08 02:56 PM
    It would help.....him not you. Unless Mr. Thomas is a kind soul who would release the pin i'd say you're screwed. My 8900 is still stuck in ch ch but i should be getting it tomorrow. You could borrow my mirco USB cable but then again.... I offered you help and you didn't reply so i'll assume you don't need it. Anyway good luck with the 9530, if anything contact Paypal and get your money back.
    12-30-08 03:00 PM
    I've seen this a lot working at a verizon store just call CS ask for blackberry support and ask them to reset the pin account. tell them you got it from a previous user... they will gladly rest it for you. As long as this number is not activated on a current number and that it is not blacklisted as stolen. If it immediately contact paypal and let them know.
    Last edited by minicoop883; 12-30-08 at 03:10 PM.
    12-30-08 03:05 PM
    oh lol i didnt realise you were in Bim, seller claims its not stolen and is goin to "try again" but i am preparing to open a dispute on paypal, I would appreciate the use of the cable when you have time, at least till i can get one
    12-30-08 03:09 PM
    yes just get BB support on the line, not regular VZW customer care, they can't reset it anyways.
    12-30-08 03:10 PM
    oh lol i didnt realise you were in Bim, seller claims its not stolen and is goin to "try again" but i am preparing to open a dispute on paypal, I would appreciate the use of the cable when you have time, at least till i can get one
    Man i wish you luck in finding one! I looked EVERYWHERE when i ordered my 8900 and nothing. I leaving to go Sheraton in about 30 minutes to see if my boy got em in stock yet. My 8900 been in UPS for 2 days and they still in't deliver yet. Only getting me vex.
    12-30-08 03:37 PM
    here trying again these guys just dont want to transfer me man, they keep asking all kinds of questions trying to solve my problem, but wont transfer me sigh here i go again, seller has confirmed the account holder is on Davee (I wasnt sure first name) Thomas, and is suppose to be trying to get it sorted, BUT I WILL CONTINUE to call myself if i get nowhere and i dont get a good answer from this seller will open the dispute
    12-30-08 03:55 PM
    Man i wish you luck in finding one! I looked EVERYWHERE when i ordered my 8900 and nothing. I leaving to go Sheraton in about 30 minutes to see if my boy got em in stock yet. My 8900 been in UPS for 2 days and they still in't deliver yet. Only getting me vex.
    wow didnt realise they were so hard to come by, hope i can find one was planning to go to sheraton too let me know if you get one hope you get ur phone soon

Also finally understood ur first post we can link up and try that with ur Sim, where are you located anyway
    Last edited by 86er; 12-30-08 at 04:01 PM.
    12-30-08 03:57 PM
    Sounds to me like it's stolen, and she doesn't want Verizon involved because she knows it will show up stolen.
    Unfortunately that was the same thing that I was thinking. There are so many scammers on ebay anymore. I really hope that that is not the case- but I would tell her that you are going to do a chargeback and report her to ebay. If it isn't stolen it should change her mind about wanting to help you! Good luck!!!
    12-30-08 04:20 PM
    I'll be in Ch Ch (Silver hill, Gall Hill, Newton area) until tomorrow. I live in St.George but i want my 8900 as soon as it clears and i can collect it so i'm camping out in Ch Ch.

I'm leavin here right now so you can call me on my cell.
    12-30-08 04:25 PM
    can verizon lockdown this phone remotely? im on the phone now with a guy that seems to be helping and he knows my situation (that im overseas and not on verizon) he told he i would need mr thomas to call but since then he as tried to call Mr thomas not sure if he got thru but he asked for all pohones info and ive been on hold for a while, I hope its not blacklisted and being somehow remote locked, can that happen?
    12-30-08 04:35 PM
    well? Can they Im still on hold, been on hold for about 20mins since i gave him Pin, MEID and my local number, would he need anything besides the IMEI and PIN to clear BIS?
    12-30-08 04:46 PM
    Wipe the phone without the cable...go into Options, then Security Options, then General Settings, then hit the Blackberry key to bring up the options for that page and select Wipe Handheld.

Also, someone a page back said they could delete the acct, don't know if they were serious or not but nobody responded to his post.
    12-30-08 04:57 PM
    well? Can they Im still on hold, been on hold for about 20mins since i gave him Pin, MEID and my local number, would he need anything besides the IMEI and PIN to clear BIS?
    no all a vzw rep would need is the pin, I am at work right now and if you want to send me the pin I can clear it for you.
    12-30-08 04:59 PM
    Yes that was me, I can delete it, wipe the handheld will not take care of his issue with the PIN and MEID already being reg. on the BIS
    12-30-08 05:00 PM
    Ok didnt get anywhere he said he cant do it without authrisation from this Mr. Thomas, he said if I can get him to call they could do it, so seller claims to somehow know this person as I have said, giving her the benifit of the doubt as I want this phone to work but as i have said if she continues to be flaky ill open a dispute, do you guys think I should try calling the number and see if i can get Mr thomas or who answers?

On a plus not I have to say my battery life is GREAT. I full cahrged since this moning at 6 am made alot calls today and was playing phone alot also did some texting, and just sat on phone for 28 min call to verizon and battery is only at 35% now think thats pretty good
    12-30-08 05:01 PM
    ok will pm you the pin if you can do it thanks

PM SENT LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN DO IT
    12-30-08 05:02 PM
    Did you talk to customer care? or DATA tech support, not care or tech support you have to get data tech support, we have access to the bb admin site.
    12-30-08 05:04 PM
    Am I the only one on the edge of his seat waiting to see what happens to 86er and his blackberry storm? Will he get it unlocked and up on LIME's network? Stay tuned for more after this....

SO - 86er.. how did it go? What did Verizon tell you? Is it working?
    12-30-08 05:04 PM
    I'd like to know what's gonna happen also lol
    12-30-08 05:08 PM
    I realize the wipe wont help with the problem but he did ask how to wipe the phone of personal info so I gave the directions for doing it without the cord.
    12-30-08 05:10 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD