I know how to set up a custom auto text in my dictionary no problem. The problem I am having is im one of those people w/ a very long email address. I made a shortcut for it simply "mjmj" the only problem is auto text (dictionary) doesnt work on an address line. Any way around this. Besides going into contacts and pulling up my own contact.
    05-16-09 12:22 PM
    I know how to set up a custom auto text in my dictionary no problem. The problem I am having is im one of those people w/ a very long email address. I made a shortcut for it simply "mjmj" the only problem is auto text (dictionary) doesnt work on an address line. Any way around this. Besides going into contacts and pulling up my own contact.
    There is no way around it (that I am aware of). I put myself in my contacts list and just do it that way.
    05-16-09 12:27 PM
    i did that too...put urself in ur phonebook n that should be easy
    05-16-09 12:29 PM
    Just out of curiosity... do you send emails to yourself very often? Are you forwarding the blackberry.net emails to yourself? If that is the case, you can set that blackberry.net address to automatically forward a copy of the emails to another email address.

(Just thought I would add that in case it helps.)
    05-16-09 12:49 PM
    Just out of curiosity... do you send emails to yourself very often? Are you forwarding the blackberry.net emails to yourself? If that is the case, you can set that blackberry.net address to automatically forward a copy of the emails to another email address.

(Just thought I would add that in case it helps.)
    nah my i have like 3 emails on my bb @yahoo @ymail @aol the one I use alot for bb is Mikejordanofmadden@yahoo.com that be taking 4ever to write sometimes I need it to fill in an address filed like when ever a site asks for email but the auto text doesnt work in address fields. I dont know if any of that made sence.
    05-16-09 02:49 PM
    nah my i have like 3 emails on my bb @yahoo @ymail @aol the one I use alot for bb is Mikejordanofmadden@yahoo.com that be taking 4ever to write sometimes I need it to fill in an address filed like when ever a site asks for email but the auto text doesnt work in address fields. I dont know if any of that made sence.
    Ok... now I get it. You want to be able to easily add your email address into websites and such. If you add your email address into your custom dictionary, and then start typing your name into an address field, it should suggest your address in the predictive text box that pops up on your screen--then you can just click on it to have it fill the address in. Try that.
    05-16-09 04:39 PM
    Ok... now I get it. You want to be able to easily add your email address into websites and such. If you add your email address into your custom dictionary, and then start typing your name into an address field, it should suggest your address in the predictive text box that pops up on your screen--then you can just click on it to have it fill the address in. Try that.
    I have done that already. my email is in my dictionary it comes up when i type mjmj. This doesnt work for address fields though only in body of text email mms ect..
    05-17-09 07:39 AM
    I have done that already. my email is in my dictionary it comes up when i type mjmj. This doesnt work for address fields though only in body of text email mms ect..
    No, no... not in your Auto-Text dictionary... it your Custom Dictionary. They are two different things. If you put your email address in your Custom Dictionary, it should "suggest" it to you whenever you start typing out your email address... like after you've typed the first two or three letters of it. I put my email address in my custom dictionary, and now when I have to enter it on websites to log in, or whatever, it suggests it to me when I start typing. The only thing you can't do in the custom dictionary is type ".com" or ".net", because the Custom Dictionary doesn't offer you the period. But you could type out everything else (name@email), and then you would just have to type the ".com" at the end.
    05-17-09 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD