today is the WORST day of my life!!!!!!
    i was just in the bathroom washin my hands n i drop my hat on the floor now keep in mind my batroom floor is all tile, so im in the bathroom i drop my hat and i bend over to pick it up and my storm comes flying out of my sweater pocket like a bat out of ****. n so it hits the floor and the battery door comes flying off and the battery pops out. it fell about from my waist to the floor which is about a good 3ft on to HARD tile. and so i get it and put the battery in as qucik as possible n the screen just stays BLACK i tried several batt pulls but the same dumb black screen comes up. i NEED help guys! PLZZZZ!
    02-19-09 10:12 PM
    is there any light coming on when you push the power buttong, like the led indicator light at the top?
    02-19-09 10:14 PM
    Your screwed, sorry!
    02-19-09 10:15 PM
    the backlight is dead? or entire screen itself?

Sounds like you either cracked the liquid crystal screen, or a connection between the board on the screen. (if the phone powers on but the screen doesnt). If the phone completely doesnt power on, than the problem may be where the battery terminal is. Either way if hardware been damaged you better off trying to figure a better story out in order to get it exchanged.

IF it powers on, try and let it power on, than connect it to your PC make a full backup, so that atleast you wont loose your settings/apps/files/contacts.
    02-19-09 10:17 PM
    Uh, how long are you leaving the battery in? The screen stays black for awhile during the boot up. Is the red LED coming on? Give it some time...it's probably fine.
    02-19-09 10:19 PM
    like it turns on and i can see the light from around the edges of the screen and the led indicator flashes and everything the screen just shows black. it just lights up black and stays like that
    02-19-09 10:22 PM
    Have you tried plugging it in to a charger?
    02-19-09 10:23 PM
    im on it rightnow brb
    02-19-09 10:25 PM
    this is why insurance is not just a waste. you own a $500 phone. just turn it in and don't think twice about trying to get it to work
    02-19-09 10:26 PM
    nope the charger thingy didnt work still that dumb'ol black screen n i do have insurance. can i like save my messages on the desktop manager and everything else??? cause like i got some pics i dont want those tech dudes to see lmao
    02-19-09 10:31 PM
    I believe you can save messages. Either backup completely or use Advanced features in DM. There should be a option for messages there.

DM>Backup>Advanced>Check messages

After completing backup, go to Optons?Security Options>General>BB Menu>Wipe Handheld

Make sure you have backup apps as well.
    02-19-09 10:45 PM
    The pics are probably on the mem card if you have a verizon phone. Yank the card out and put it in a card reader.

Or keep the card when you return your phone.
    02-19-09 10:45 PM
    DANG!!!!! you guys are the BOMB!!! lol as you can tell im kinda a noob lol thanks for the help!
    so i just back it up COMPLETELY n yank the card and then return it??
    02-19-09 10:57 PM
    oh and wipe it right??
    02-19-09 10:58 PM
    this should go on fmylife.com.
    02-19-09 11:01 PM
    lmao bogus dude ^^
    02-19-09 11:05 PM
    NO JOKE... about a week and a half ago in a druken stoop I spiked my storm against the floor like a I just scored the winning touchdown in the super bowl. And guess what... IT LIVED!!! the screen was a lot harder to click. But I could definitely make/receive calls and it got me by while I waited for the insurance claim.
    02-19-09 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD