for some reason im trying to upgrade to .103 but DM wont recognize any OS higher than .75 any suggestions?
    02-16-09 11:49 PM
    Define "DM won't recognize..."

1. I'm guessing "yes," but are you connected to the Internet from the computer you're using to install the OS upgrade? Can that computer successfully reach RIM's site (to confirm that your BlackBerry is active/not stolen)?

2. How are you trying to install the OS? Have you run the installer, which launches BB Desktop, which then prompts you to update the core apps/device software/etc.?

3. How many different OS loads do you have in [PROGRAM FILES]\Common Files\Research In Motion (it's actually a level or two deeper than this but I can't remember if it's in AppLoader or not - you can search by PDF files to find the directory(-ies)).
    02-16-09 11:54 PM
    Define "DM won't recognize..."

1. I'm guessing "yes," but are you connected to the Internet from the computer you're using to install the OS upgrade? Can that computer successfully reach RIM's site (to confirm that your BlackBerry is active/not stolen)?

2. How are you trying to install the OS? Have you run the installer, which launches BB Desktop, which then prompts you to update the core apps/device software/etc.?

3. How many different OS loads do you have in [PROGRAM FILES]\Common Files\Research In Motion (it's actually a level or two deeper than this but I can't remember if it's in AppLoader or not - you can search by PDF files to find the directory(-ies)).
    1. yes i am connected to the web

2. im trying it by running installer and then launching bb desktop but it doesnt prompt me to upgrade

3.i only have .103 in there i did have .90 .99 .103 prior but deleted them all downgraded to .75 and now trying to go back to .103
    02-16-09 11:57 PM
    have .103 device software installed on the pc alright?

If you have the automatic update turned on in DM you may have to disconnect from the internet as DM will find that .75 is the only official version out, and won't install anything beyond that.

You can also try deleteing vendor.xml in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader Then try doing it again while DC'd from the internet.
    02-16-09 11:59 PM
    If you read through http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...s-only-157285/
    there are lots of cases of this with solutions.

Try looking in there. I also had that problem and tried a different computer to get around it.
    But there are other solutions posted in the thread. One has to do with using loader.exe try searching on that in that thread for some solutions.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-17-09 at 12:09 AM.
    02-17-09 12:06 AM
    have .103 device software installed on the pc alright?

If you have the automatic update turned on in DM you may have to disconnect from the internet as DM will find that .75 is the only official version out, and won't install anything beyond that.

You can also try deleteing vendor.xml in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader Then try doing it again while DC'd from the internet.
    Thanks this worked... i really appreciate it
    02-17-09 12:33 AM
    thanks everyone else for your suggestions as well
    02-17-09 12:34 AM
    No problem. those two things are the probably the number 1 and 2 reasons why beta updates don't show up in DM
    02-17-09 12:41 AM
    hey is anyone having the same issue as myself. I have been on top with all the s/w upgrades I have the .103 s/w and still the same issue. i cant send or forward pic messages all it is a gray or block box were the image should be i receive pictures fine but sending them to a friend is the issue all they get is the gray or black box. can anyone help me. please and think you.
    02-17-09 12:45 AM
    hey is anyone having the same issue as myself. I have been on top with all the s/w upgrades I have the .103 s/w and still the same issue. i cant send or forward pic messages all it is a gray or block box were the image should be i receive pictures fine but sending them to a friend is the issue all they get is the gray or black box. can anyone help me. please and think you.
    Best option I found takes a little more time, but if you have the picture on your phone, email it to the email you use on your BB, open it and save it from your email to your phone, then send that picture instead of the original. It's worked every time for me.
    02-17-09 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD