Just got a 9530 Verizon unlocked and I have the following problems:

When I try to sms a contact it opens the display I have from my previous contact. I have to delete the sms in order to send it to the correct cotnact. When I recieve an sms it appears that the previous contact was the one who send it.

Anyone had this problem and how can I fiex it?

Phone info:
    v5.0.0.419
    platfor 4.2.0.179

Thanks for the help I can recieve
    06-18-10 10:22 PM
    I would try and delete every sms on your phone first.
    06-19-10 04:06 PM
    looks like u got the same .419 sms bug that i have. i eliminated that problem by upgrading to .591. the only issue that i have with this is that it freezes a bit more than .419 and there is still no fix for the group chat on bbm.

other than that, everything else is all good. be sure to update ur quickpull app (if u use that) or else it won't work properly.

btw, are u using any other languages other than english on ur storm?
    06-19-10 06:15 PM
    looks like u got the same .419 sms bug that i have. i eliminated that problem by upgrading to .591. the only issue that i have with this is that it freezes a bit more than .419 and there is still no fix for the group chat on bbm.

other than that, everything else is all good. be sure to update ur quickpull app (if u use that) or else it won't work properly.

btw, are u using any other languages other than english on ur storm?
    I am upgrading to .591 as we speak to get rid of that bug. I am using both english and spanish on my storm.
    06-19-10 09:25 PM
    i have a feeling that .419 only has that sms problem cuz of the extra language. i have korean installed on my storm and my sms didn't work. if i were to load .419 straight without any other languages other than english, the sms works fine....

i wish rim could just fix this as .419 worked perfectly for me.
    06-21-10 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD