This is my 1st post.....

I got this phone from a friend who got a diff phone.

Took sim card out and did complete wipe clean, but still has his phone number associated with the phone and can actually make calls from it without sim card......

Anyways to fix this?

Thanks for any help....
    01-17-09 07:53 AM
    The 9530 is a CDMA device first. The SIM card, has nothing to do with nothing. Unless it's unlocked, and you have a AT&T, T-Mobile, or Rogers SIM card installed, it's going to use the CDMA bands to make calls.
    01-17-09 07:56 AM
    The 9530 is a CDMA device first. The SIM card, has nothing to do with nothing. Unless it's unlocked, and you have a AT&T, T-Mobile, or Rogers SIM card installed, it's going to use the CDMA bands to make calls.
    The person i got it from had verizon....What i am planning on doing is getting it unlocked and using it with t-mobile...

Once i do that....It should be good to go?
    01-17-09 08:01 AM
    CX,

Doesn't he have to go to the carrier and start a new account and change the number on the phone?

When we swap phones with my mother in law and we get new and she gets our hand me downs our verizon rep does the change via his computer.
    01-17-09 08:02 AM
    If you want to use it on T-mobile your'll have to unlock it first.
    01-17-09 08:20 AM
    Thanks guys....So once unlocked....it should be good, right? Will there be anything else i need to do?
    01-17-09 09:04 AM
    Thanks guys....So once unlocked....it should be good, right? Will there be anything else i need to do?
    Yes theres more. Look in the Storms' How-To subforum, for the guide on getting the Storm to work on T-Mobile.
    01-17-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD