Hy there
    I`m from ... Romania just got a New 9500 storm and have some problems...If some body can help me !
    I`m using on it a Prepayd number from Orange
    But I have acctivated the most expensive Internet/wap broswing deal.
    I have never used until now Wap or internet on my phone.
    Soo the problem it`s : I just surfed on google.com orange.ro home pages ...al working...
    Now the problems:
    I have Installed Y!M and when I want to Sign in it showns : service not enabled for this hand held

and another problem ... instaled Google MAP 3.0.2 and when I want to get in ... usualy i get and shows that it`s loading in but after a short time it shown`s me : [B]network unavabile : this application requires a data connection. Please contact your carrier, or visit google.com/gmm/configure.html

Please help me :-S with some advices.
    Thank you.
    02-24-09 01:20 PM
    You also need to have access to the Blackberry network - having access to data / internet isn't enough my friend

Quick check: on the home screen do you have "GPRS" (or "3G" with a Blackberry logo In front of it) or is it "gprs" (or 3G with no Blackberry logo)? If it's the former you have the right access and it sounds luke a network issue. If not you need to get on to Orange to get it added to your account. I'm not sure if you can get it on prepay. Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 02:50 PM
    well I allways have 3gp shown on the home screen, and when I don`t have 3g coverage it changes to GPRS ... but not with Blackberyy logo :-S
    02-24-09 03:43 PM
    I had to call vodafone when I first got my storm because msn and aol was not working. They had to lift and adult content bar or something after I said I was over 18 and then it worked fine.
    02-25-09 01:12 AM
    Thinking about this a bit more: the Blackberry data network access will most likely only affect your ability to send and receive emails. If 'gprs' is in capital letters on your phone display, then you have Blackberry data access. If not, then you don't and no email.

The Y!M app and Google Maps are more to do with general internet access. Think Skinnedcartree is on the right track: contact Orange to see why there is a problem accessing these sites.
    02-25-09 10:43 AM
    hi zitter i'm a romanian to...you can reach me at the yo_ese yahoo id to explain you about the BB in our country.
    02-26-09 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD