Hello Everyone!

I have a few questions regarding texting on the Storm2:

1)when you receive a text, can you tell how many other people that text was simultaneously sent to, just like u can tell on the regular non-smartphones and non-PDAs?

2) Can you setup stored quick reply text messages on the Storm2?

3) Can you lock text messages to save them?

Thanks for the help!
    06-07-10 02:57 PM
    1. Not unless its an mms that I'm aware.

2. You can type the message without a recipient (or with I guess) and then save it. Once you send it, it is sent and you'd have to retype/forward it or something.

3. Highlight the text > bb button > save will save a sent/received text. If you are typing a text and hit the back button, it will ask you if you want to save the changes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 04:40 PM

2. You can type the message without a recipient (or with I guess) and then save it. Once you send it, it is sent and you'd have to retype/forward it or something.

3. Highlight the text > bb button > save will save a sent/received text. If you are typing a text and hit the back button, it will ask you if you want to save the changes.

Thanks JGreen!
    06-09-10 03:17 PM
    For number two, I would use auto text to do this. Options>AutoText

Add whatever you want, use an asterik or hash mark to make what you'll replace something you'd never type, and then just out it what you want it replaced with. Ex: replace *#hey with Hey, what's going on.

Thanks zrf, I will try that. That sounds right on point if I can figure it out!
    06-09-10 03:18 PM

How is it possible to create an SMS without a contact/number. I can't get past the "who are you sending it to" part without typing in a number or selecting a contact entry.

I have never been asked if I want to save a message when hitting "back". It just stays in the list of SMS, but has a green icon indicating it isn't sent.

To the OP, put the cursor over the message you wish to save. Use the BB button and click save. To view saved messages, enter the SMS main screen (not an individuals history) and press BB button. Then "View Saved Messages". Note however, the history is not saved, only the SMS that was highlighted when you clicked save. I thought I had a history saved, until I went and deleted the history only to find the ONE item I said to save was indeed saved.

As for who all has received the message, at one point I found a "show all recipients" under a BB menu. I don't recall what I did to get that menu, but I did see one once. You could try that for a message you have received.
    06-12-10 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD