A co-worker and I upgraded to .113 working awesome except for being able to silence the ringer when you get an mms or sms text....can anyone pls help we work at a place that we need this option.... please dont read and ignore if you know something help me
    03-31-09 08:47 AM
    Open Messages>BB Button>Message Alerts
    Tada. Now you can personalize every alert setting.

Have a good day
    03-31-09 09:58 AM
    Go into Sounds> Set Ring Tones/Alerts> Messages> MMS> Set Volume to Silent and Vibration to ON. Then repeat the same for SMS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 09:59 AM
    We all know how to change our sound profiles. With the previous os you could press any button and silence the text ringer....i want to know if there is a way to do that not to turn my ringer to vibrate i am not ********.
    03-31-09 10:06 AM
    A co-worker and I upgraded to .113 working awesome except for being able to silence the ringer when you get an mms or sms text....can anyone pls help we work at a place that we need this option.... please dont read and ignore if you know something help me
    We were only replying to what you posted. Next time search somewhere else if your think you getting flamed. Try the Curve or the Bold Forum. I'm sure they will help you guys.
    03-31-09 10:13 AM
    yea since i have the storm those forums will work great...you mean the part where i said you used to be able to do it on the old os and on the new one we can silence the text ringer didnt say i dont want to turn it on vibrate,.. not trying to be a dbag but you guys have 700,000 post about the same thing with out an answer to any of them....so if someone has a real answer to the question of how to silence your ringer by pressing a button not turning off the ringer.... and do we need 59 threads about .113 and vzw coming out>?>??
    03-31-09 10:18 AM
    yea since i have the storm those forums will work great...you mean the part where i said you used to be able to do it on the old os and on the new one we can silence the text ringer didnt say i dont want to turn it on vibrate,.. not trying to be a dbag but you guys have 700,000 post about the same thing with out an answer to any of them....so if someone has a real answer to the question of how to silence your ringer by pressing a button not turning off the ringer.... and do we need 59 threads about .113 and vzw coming out>?>??
    No and let me think....No
    03-31-09 11:08 AM
    No and let me think....No
    Then y did u post a new one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 07:58 PM
    my dad is having the same problem with .113, i changed all his alerts to silent but they still go off. I didnt change them to vibrate though maybe ill try that later
    03-31-09 09:27 PM
    I am having same problem. I can not silence my ringer even after I am reading the message. Anybody got any ideals? I went from .109 to .113.
    04-01-09 12:39 PM
    Can anyone help with this. is there a way to press a button when the phone is ringing like you could with .75 and silence it...we do not want to turn our ringers to vibrate just be able to silence it when it does ring...is there a way to edit an old code into .113 that will fix this issue with out losing the good stuff of .113? Please ne incite would be great.
    04-03-09 07:41 AM
    I had same problem after upgrading to 113 from 109. I completely deleted my ringtone folder from my sc card. I copied them to my computer first so I wouldn' lose them. Now I can touch the screen and silence the ringer again. Of course I am not able to use any of my personal ringers. I know the ringers that came with the storm are not on the card. Maybe someone can figure out if it is the ringers causing the problem or their location on the card.
    04-04-09 02:32 PM
    i have the same problem. i have various 8-10 second text tones set for certain people, and i can not silence them right away. it's been like that ever since i went from .85 to .109, same with .113.

guy i talked to at vzw said the official .113 will fix that prob......we shall see...
    04-05-09 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD