First of all I'd like to say hi. Second I've had the 9530 since day one (Nov 21st). I've been through all the suckiness in the beginning until .86. There's been many face-palms involved but for the most part, I love the thing. This is my first blackberry and so far I'm digging it.

One problem I'm having currently. I've searched the forums and I found the fix, but it's not working.

In certain games (non-9530) the keyboard keeps popping up and it wont go away. I tried the whole Options>Advanced options>Applications then highlight the game then "disable compatibility mode." I also tried to enable it. Can anybody steer me in the correct direction? Thanks.
    01-17-09 10:43 AM
    First of all I'd like to say hi. Second I've had the 9530 since day one (Nov 21st). I've been through all the suckiness in the beginning until .86. There's been many face-palms involved but for the most part, I love the thing. This is my first blackberry and so far I'm digging it.

One problem I'm having currently. I've searched the forums and I found the fix, but it's not working.

In certain games (non-9530) the keyboard keeps popping up and it wont go away. I tried the whole Options>Advanced options>Applications then highlight the game then "disable compatibility mode." I also tried to enable it. Can anybody steer me in the correct direction? Thanks.
    Welcome to the Forum!

what games does this seem to be happening in?
    01-17-09 10:46 AM
    Tiltris, Champion Chess, and a few flashlight applications. It's starting to infiltrate my system and annoy me like crazy.
    01-17-09 10:49 AM
    Welcome to crackberry Tippo!
    01-17-09 10:50 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry...

Prior to d/ling, did these apps say it was compatible with the Storm?
    01-17-09 11:04 AM
    Yes, it said it was compatible. There are posts on these too. Check them out for yourself. I think my BB is just being stubborn.
    01-17-09 11:05 AM
    Tiltris works perfectly on my storm, Sorry i dont have a solution
    01-17-09 12:40 PM
    Tiltris works perfectly on my storm, Sorry i dont have a solution
    Same. I hope you find a solution because it's a cool game!

This might be dumb but did you try dragging your finger from the top of the keyboard to the bottom to hide it like you can in other apps?
    01-17-09 12:44 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Seems like you tried this but when enable compatibility, the keyboard pops up but not when it is disabled for the 3rd party apps I've used.

It sounds like you may have to wait it out for newer versions. Have you tried to contact the vendors/developers of those games?
    01-17-09 01:05 PM
    I have not tried to contact the developers yet. I have found that disabling it in applications under options, then taking the battery out, letting it slow reboot provides a good fix for Champion chess... but now I can't switch it to landscape mode. However, it doesn't work with the rest of the programs.

I figure I have to wait for later versions. I don't know if it's because I got mine the first day it was out or what maybe it's an older version of the 9530, or if they changed the ones after... Kind of annoying at the moment, though.
    01-17-09 01:13 PM
    Kind of annoying at the moment, though.
    Agreed. There's so many great programs that I want to purchase but I'm still waiting for Storm compatible versions to come first.
    01-17-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD