I don't know what I did, but before I tired to "switch devices" everything was fine except Youtube wasn't working. Then when I attempted to swap from my Bold to the Storm. This is where things went south.

Now the phone is telling me that I don't have either BIS or BES? The browser is gone.

What the **** happened and what can I do?
    11-22-08 02:04 AM
    reset the phone to factory
    11-22-08 02:05 AM
    I agree with sooks if all else fails always restore to factory.

P.S. Go Gators
    11-22-08 02:06 AM
    Just go to Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table and do a "Register Now" on the menu.
    11-22-08 02:48 AM
    Did the factory reset, no dice.

It says that "Your device does not currently have any Browser COnfiguration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device.

???????
    11-22-08 02:49 AM
    Emails are also slow to arrive now...

Opera Mini works....

I have no idea what I did or how to fix it...cant anyone help?
    11-22-08 03:21 AM
    Just do as Storm2 mentioned.

Just go to Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table and do a "Register Now" on the menu.

I also ran into same issue and did as above mentioned within 30 min everything was under control and got my browser back.
    11-22-08 03:28 AM

I also ran into same issue and did as above mentioned within 30 min everything was under control and got my browser back.
    I've done that, no dice. I even went on BIS and sent the service books that way as well.
    11-22-08 03:32 AM

Yup do what they say. Mine did the same thing and it fixed it. You also may want to do a battery pull.
    11-22-08 03:34 AM
    Yup do what they say. Mine did the same thing and it fixed it. You also may want to do a battery pull.

I've done that. Maybe it'd help if I mentioned I'm using an unlocked 9530 on ATT?

I don't understand though, it was working fine before. Maybe it was the Verizon service book it was using? Is there any way I can get my hands on that service book if I don't have a contract with Verizon?
    11-22-08 03:36 AM
    Well there's your problem right there I'd say.
    11-22-08 03:39 AM
    Well there's your problem right there I'd say. Get it hooked up to VZW.
    11-22-08 03:42 AM
    But it was working perfectly fine prior? It must be the service books from Verizon were working on ATT. There has to be a way for me to get those without having to be on their network.
    11-22-08 03:43 AM
    Maybe if someone backs up their Storm with the Verizon service books and sends me the files, it will work?

Anyone have any thoughts here?
    11-22-08 03:57 AM
    bump...anyone?
    11-22-08 09:55 AM
    You should have selected trasfer data only and not apps. What you should do is download the OS from verizon and reinstall it. That should fix you up. If not, then take your phone to you local vzw store and they can flash your phone. You will probubly loose everything on it so hopefully your have a backup of you contacts and such.
    Last edited by Primate; 11-22-08 at 10:05 AM.
    11-22-08 10:03 AM
    You should have selected trasfer data only and not apps. What you should do is download the OS from verizon and reinstall it. That should fix you up. If not, then take your phone to you local vzw store and they can flash your phone. You will probubly loose everything on it so hopefully your have a backup of you contacts and such.
    Will they flash it even though it is unlocked and on ATT? Also, would that lock the phone again?
    11-22-08 10:07 AM
    BTW that's exactly what I did
    11-22-08 10:11 AM
    For some reason I'm having trouble reinstalling the os? It shows me all of the 4.7.0.65 apps, etc. but when I click update, it doesn't change anything on the actual phone. I deleted the vendor.xml file and have done this before, but never gotten this.

Also, the only applications that show when I got to App loader>Add/Remove Apps are Crackberry Launcher and Opera Mini. None of the other apps show up...

???? I'm clueles as to what to do?
    11-22-08 11:25 AM
    Nope not gonna happen you have a VZW device on ATT the best you will get is EDGE and ATT's service books that may or may not work...HAVE FUN
    11-22-08 11:26 AM
    Nope not gonna happen you have a VZW device on ATT the best you will get is EDGE and ATT's service books that may or may not work...HAVE FUN

Guy, if you've read what I said it was all working perfectly fine ON ATT BEFORE I did the device switch and synced the apps as well as data from my Bold to the Storm.

That means it works fine on ATT, as it does for others on here, but I f'd it up with that sync. Now I'm trying to undo that.

Thanks for the BS though....
    11-22-08 11:29 AM
    Ok, JD this has to do with service books if im not mistaken. Im gonna try to problem solve it myself and report back. Pyltaylor on the bold thread helped me fix this issue when i had the bold on tmobile
    11-22-08 11:48 AM
    Ok, JD this has to do with service books if im not mistaken. Im gonna try to problem solve it myself and report back. Pyltaylor on the bold thread helped me fix this issue when i had the bold on tmobile

CRAZY IDEA!!!!!!

What if we were to meet up and do a "device switch" from your phone to mine with data and apps? That should reset it back to before....don't you think? Then I just resync with ONLY my Bold's data and not apps.

What do you think?

EDIT: Or you could simply back up your phone and send me the backup file? I think that would work as well?
    11-22-08 11:54 AM
    So, let me get this straight. You're the guy who bragged that you were "actually probably" the first guy to unlock your 9530 to ATT on the first day you bought it by lying to ATT, manipulating the system using your friend's VZW account, and then claiming that you're tight with God because he "blackmailed" you into not playing with the phone during your friends wedding--and now you want to beg and scream at plead with someone to meet you somewhere so you can try to manipulate someone else to get your way because your phone doesn't work anymore?

If you ask me, you're not a trustworthy person, and anyone who agrees to meet you is "actually probably" as much of a chihuahua as you are.
    11-22-08 12:10 PM
    JD... Sorry I am not very familiar with unlocking phones or dealing with unlocked phones. I do not think they will do much to help you with the phone if it is unlocked but if you get the right tech they can fix the phone for you but it would probubly be locked again.

I think you should do it in 2 parts. First get the phone working again. It is worth nothing to you or anyone else in its current state. Call all the vzw sotres in you area and see if you can find someone that will flash the phone for you.

Second. After you get the phone back working then you can work on getting it unlocked again.

You can try these instructions but they are for an 8330. Also search around. There is a tool to whipe your BB clean but I do not know if it will work on the storm.

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

** Edit - the app is called JL_Cmder BE CAREFULL I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS MEANT TO BE USED WITH THE STORM. USE AT YOUR ON RISK
    Last edited by Primate; 11-22-08 at 12:28 PM.
    11-22-08 12:19 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD