So... I've had my Storm since Dec 08 and all has been ok with it for the past year or so.. thankfully this forum helped me get it up and running back then! However, I wake up this morning to a totally reset Storm.. WHAT THE HECK... everything gone and it's back to the red lightning wallpaper, font reset and icons all jacked up and not how i had them... although some of the ones i had downloaded are still showing up.. just the folders are all a mess and not the way i had it.. contacts gone.. no emails or text messages or anything.. totally back to the welcome screen when i first got it...
    so i pull the battery to see if that helps and it didn't..
    what would have caused this?
    sorry but i have no time or patience to search the forums today to find out what's going on..
    HELP..
    do i need to totally redo the whole dang thing and start moving folders around again?
    NOT the way i want to spend my birthday or mother's day.. playing with my #$%^&* phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    05-09-10 11:22 AM
    Hopefully, you have a recent backup that you can restore. I got my Storm when you purchased yours, never experienced an unintentional wipe.
    05-09-10 01:22 PM
    ok so... i thought i restored it when i synced it to my computer but i must have not done it correctly because the stuff still wasn't there.. realized i needed to set up gmail again so that i could send emails (i could receive them and i searched the forums and found out i needed to set it up again)...
    SO.. now all my contacts are duplicated and i have read thru numerous posts and i don't get it on how i'm supposed to fix it so that my contacts are not duplicated and my gmail calendar is not syncing... what are the steps to correct it... please.
    05-10-10 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD