I have had the Storm2 since the 27th and haven't had any problems with it, but since yesterday when I make or receive a phone call the handset speaker is very distorted almost like it has blown. Is anyone else having this issue or could it be a software issue?
    Last edited by joryoung; 11-16-09 at 09:38 AM.
    11-16-09 09:19 AM
    Anyone else having this????????????

I feel lost guess I will go to VZ after work
    11-16-09 10:59 AM
    yep, mine started to distort today too, guess i'll have to return it
    11-16-09 12:11 PM
    happening to me now too looks like its time to return it and get a new one
    11-22-09 09:17 AM
    I bought mine on 10/28 and it just started distorting yesterday. It sounds like there is a "rattle" in the earpiece speaker.
    11-25-09 06:01 PM
    thats funny you guys say that. I was having problems with my headset and I started messing with the settings like bass boost and treble. It still was having problems after manipulating those settings. Then, all of a sudden today it sounds perfect!
    11-25-09 06:39 PM
    same issues. already on 2nd storm 2 for same problem. hope someone figures it out soon because verizon and blackberry sure is no help.
    12-01-09 05:25 PM
    I have to check mines to see if I have this issue to. Also with verizon or blackberry when you come across them with an issue its like talking to an *****.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 05:42 PM
    Experiencing the same thing right now. Phone was flawless until 2 days ago. Speaker sounds terrible. Hardly able to understand the other end now. Speaker phone is only real option now(well I have a new Plantronics Discovery 975 sitting in a box, but girlfriend wont let me open it till xmas)
    12-10-09 10:34 PM
    On number 4 now. 2 days in and boom. Same problem. Wtf is all i can say about this.

Number 1 1 week
    number 2 4 days
    number 3 3.5 weeks
    number 4 2 days

i am so confused on what do to. Maybe i should go to another store and dip from another batch of phones. The droid is an option but i am so happy with the storm other than this. I just hate to go back to a tour for i love the realstate on the screen.

Please help is all i can say
    12-18-09 12:06 PM
    Mine just fixed itself after I upgraded to .428 also i've heard if you have edocrab it'll mess up the speaker and seems to be true....
    12-18-09 12:30 PM
    not one audio issue with my s2
    12-18-09 12:47 PM
    Anybody else have issues lately? Over the past 2-3 days my handset speaker has went to ******. If I turn the volume down all the way the speaker is somewhat audible, but otherwise it is not.

I tried reinstalling .428 and it didn't help.

I'm afraid of going to VZW and getting another phone, and having all of the common problems with these phones. I got this phone on opening day and haven't had a single problem until now I'm afraid to return it and get a lemon
    01-11-10 08:23 PM
    Anybody else have issues lately? Over the past 2-3 days my handset speaker has went to ******. If I turn the volume down all the way the speaker is somewhat audible, but otherwise it is not.

I tried reinstalling .428 and it didn't help.

I'm afraid of going to VZW and getting another phone, and having all of the common problems with these phones. I got this phone on opening day and haven't had a single problem until now I'm afraid to return it and get a lemon
    I wouldn't be too concerned about that. I'm not speaking from experience, mind you, just observations of other's reports, but it seems the newer S2 builds are pretty solid and took care of some of the glitches everyone had at first. Its not a guarantee, but I think you would be safe taking it back for an exchange. Besides, whats the point of a phone, if you can't use it?
    01-11-10 08:27 PM
    I wouldn't be too concerned about that. I'm not speaking from experience, mind you, just observations of other's reports, but it seems the newer S2 builds are pretty solid and took care of some of the glitches everyone had at first. Its not a guarantee, but I think you would be safe taking it back for an exchange. Besides, whats the point of a phone, if you can't use it?
    Those are 2 excellent points..

1. Improved quality units as production has went on for a couple months
    2. Phone isn't exactly usuable now unless its on speakerphone
    01-11-10 08:42 PM
    Thats really weird, everything everyone has said is happening exactly to me.I got my S2 a week after launch and it just started to do this 2 days ago. I thought I had dropped it and messed up the speaker in there, but now that everyone is opening up and saying this is happening to them Im beginning to think this isnt just me and that its the build of the phone?

If it helps anyone, mine was made in Mexico 5. I would love to know if its just the first batch of phones beginning to crap out or if its some bug or something. Keep this thread going.
    01-12-10 04:07 AM
    EDIT: My S2 was also "Made in Mexico 5"

I'm heading to Verizon at lunchtime to swap them out. I've already backed my phone up, should I wipe it now before I go in there? Or leave it to them to switch.

Also, I have that leaked .428 OS on the phone, should I switch back to factory?
    Last edited by 01Ranger; 01-12-10 at 06:00 AM.
    01-12-10 05:56 AM
    Well.. they didnt have a replacement phone in stock and the guy wouldn't budge regarding just giving me a new one out of the box.

They're shipping me a phone, should have it Thursday.

Not sure if I will be able to get my Otterbox screen protector to switch to the new phone. After I check to see that the new phone is free of the common bugs, I'll install the new Invisibleshield I just ordered
    01-12-10 12:37 PM
    Im thinking of taking it to VZW too, this is BS my S2 is perfect and I dont wanna a S2 with all these problems!
    01-13-10 03:47 AM
    I received my new phone... its a refurbished phone, with an uneven screen. Verizon is sending me another phone, should have it Monday.
    01-14-10 06:45 PM
    yea mine started doin this out of nowhere yesterday, sure seems strange to me. They are sendin me another but kinda sux cause this one is perfect except this crap, sure hope i dont have to go thru a bunch to get another good one.
    01-14-10 09:20 PM
    I'm having the same problem-my speaker is low and distorted. It just started a few days ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 10:02 PM
    mine blew out a week ago, finally got around to the vzw store today. they are sending me a replacement in 2 days...
    01-14-10 10:10 PM
    Wow, its like they're all going bad at the same time.... how long have you guys had your phones? I've had mine since Oct 30th.
    01-15-10 06:46 AM
    yes there is a problem, no its not distoring or is it blown. the speaker has debree in it. it enters through the fop slot on the phone. there is no filtering system from there to the speaker. i went through 5 s2s before getting pissed and tearing it apart. mine had so much metal particals stuck to it. there is no way to clean it because the metal is stuck to the speakers magnet force. i did finaly fix mine by take the speaker itself apart (very fragile) and removing the metal. i tried to tape off the slot but the speaker sounds terible.

if your cary your phone in your pocket or purse this will get you eventualy. every one that caries anything metal in your pocket the fine shavings will be there. mine was ten times worse because i am a metal fabricator but most everyone is around metal sometimes.

i really don't know a good fix other than good luck. i have e mailed blackberry direct to see if i get any help. verizon tech is a waste of good time.
    01-15-10 02:01 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD