I was having some trouble with getting mail on my phone in the evenings, come to find out that if you run live messenger it locks blackberry service out from checking the inbox.

Here is the RIM documentation:

Overview
    Email messages are not received in real-time to the BlackBerry smartphone when a BlackBerry Internet Service subscriber has the following environment:

The computer is running Windows XP
    A Windows Live Hotmail account is integrated with the BlackBerry Internet Service account
    Windows Live Messenger (previously known as Microsoft� MSN� Messenger) on the computer is being used
    Note: This issue does not occur when an earlier version of Windows Live Messenger is used in this environment.

Cause
    Windows Live Messenger and BlackBerry Internet Service both use the Microsoft Notification Protocol (MSNP) to receive notifications for new email messages.

MSNP is designed to notify only one application at any given time. If the Windows Live Messenger application is active, a notification of the new email message appears in the Windows Live Messenger application on the computer. If Windows Live Messenger is inactive, the MSNP sends a notification to the BlackBerry Internet Service and the email message is sent to the BlackBerry smartphone in real time.

Resolution
    This is by design.

Install Windows Live Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones.

Note: Windows Live Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones does not receive new email notifications and will not compete with BlackBerry Internet Service for the notifications from the Windows Live Hotmail service.

Additional Information
    The BlackBerry Internet Service will begin receiving the new email notifications when Windows Live Messenger on the computer goes into an inactive status.

Products
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    Windows Live Messenger
    Source: View Document
    Last edited by ahampton2k; 03-05-09 at 04:39 PM.
    03-04-09 03:42 PM
    I am experiencing this issue too. Started for me about a week ago.
    03-05-09 02:58 PM
    I stopped using messenger since i posted this and have not had any problems since.
    03-05-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD