I recently received a refurbished storm 2 from verizon. It appears that
    When I try to plug headphones in, the jack does not recognize
    Them as being present, and plays through external speakers anyway.
    Here are my thoughts thus far.
    -it is a refurbished phone, and is broken
    -they are iphone headsets and are incompatible

Please help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 07:20 PM
    I recently received a refurbished storm 2 from verizon. It appears that
    When I try to plug headphones in, the jack does not recognize
    Them as being present, and plays through external speakers anyway.
    Here are my thoughts thus far.
    -it is a refurbished phone, and is broken
    -they are iphone headsets and are incompatible

Please help

I don't think it should matter that the headphones are for iphone. You should be able to buy any ear buds and have them work.

08-10-10 01:27 AM
    Options Activate headphones/headset doesn't work?
    08-10-10 10:55 AM
    I too do not think it is an issue of compatibility.
    I had an otherwise solid Storm 2 for 8 months before, out of nowhere, the ear jack started acting up. Even when the headset was not plugged in, the phone operated as if the headset was plugged in. I had VZW look at it. They concluded it was a hardware malfunction and replaced it.
    08-10-10 01:21 PM
    Its probably a hardware issue, but have you tried different a different headset?

- Fr. Maurer
    08-10-10 01:30 PM
    I too had problems with mine... Sometimes I'd plug in buds to listen to MP3's and it would play out loud, then sometimes while on a call in handset mode it would switch to a non-inserted wired headset... I blew the jack out with canned air(for dusting servers, keyboards, etc) and then used a paperclip (very gently) to move the parts inside the jack, then blew it out again and haven't had problems since.

I'm lucky, I have heard/read other users having this issue with their jacks and having to hand their hardware in for repair/replacement.
    08-10-10 02:33 PM
    Same problems here. And the one that ticks me off the most is while i am playing music, if i accidentally bump or rotate the headphone plug, it will turn switch from stereo to mono and vice-versa. I guess this problem is a little expected since there is nothing covering the headphone slot on the phone. Is this something that could be software related?
    08-10-10 02:45 PM
    I'm right with you bmoney. It drives me crazy going from 2 buds to only hearing music through 1.

08-11-10 10:13 AM
    i had the same issue.. If I rotated the plug, it would go in and out of one ear. Confirmed by trying 4 different handsets. I got a replacement and its perfect now.

Get a new one... again...
    08-11-10 12:23 PM
    It sounds to me like a hardware issue. A pair of headphones is a pair of headphones. There is no such thing as ipod/iPhone only head phones. If the headphones have a 3.5mm plug. It would work in mp3 player or phone.

08-12-10 01:09 AM
    Okay two pairs of headphones down, still not working. Advise that I replace my storm? Yet again?

08-13-10 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD