I'm having trouble signing into MSN messenger on my 9500 Storm. I enter my user name and password but get an error message "the server is busy, please try again later".

After several attempts I gave up, but then tried with a different hotmail address I use..... sigend in no problem. So signed out and tried with the original address, got the same error message again. This has gone on for several days now.

Everything else seems to be working ok, just this weird problem. I'm also able to send and receive emails from the handset using this "problematic" email address.

Any thoughts?

I'm on Vodafone UK
    Storm 9500
    04-01-09 09:22 AM
    I have the exact same problem with my BB storm. is there any fix? I have several days and I can log in with any other accounts but not with this one account I always use. It says. THE SERVER IS BUSY.
    tHIS MORNING I tried and after a couple of times, it did log on but then said CONNECTION PROBLEMS...and havent been able to anymore.
    is there any way to fix this?
    04-15-09 11:41 AM
    I still havent been able to log on and dont really know what the problem is.

I have tried deleting the msn application and reinstalling it, I have downgraded to an official os. In that time a newer official release came out so I upgraded to that, and all this time I have had the same error "the server is busy. Please try again later".

Currently running os 4.7.0.122
    Storm 9500
    Vodafone UK

I have downloaded and have been using Palringo gold, which works fine, but not very user friendly on the Storm. That is the only fix I can suggest for now.
    04-16-09 07:39 AM
    So I did a full wipe before installing 4.7.0.141, and made sure that no backups were loaded back to the device.

Downloaded and installed MSN messenger on the "clean" device and I'm still getting the same error message "the server is busy, please try again later".

Anyone else experiencing this or other problems with MSN?
    05-14-09 09:23 AM
    I have the same exact problem. I ended up just deleting the app altogether

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 10:06 AM
    I have the same exact problem. I ended up just deleting the app altogether

05-14-09 10:06 AM
    I don't want to delete the app as have used msn messenger for several years now, and am yet to find a decent (free) alternative - facebook chat or similar.
    05-14-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD