I had just got this phone maybe 3 weeks total. And whenever im using it lately i always get the hour glass, and it takes forever for it to finish whatever it is doing, it seems to be running very slow i dont know what the issue is i havent downloaded any aftermarket updates or anything for it. i have no clue what it could be but its very annoying. HELP!
    05-25-09 01:50 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet?
    05-25-09 01:51 PM
    +1
    More tips:

Full home screen > hold down bb/menu key 2 pull up app switcher > check which apps r running/open (browser, home, msgs, phone + bb msgr if u have always appear). Close apps via menu > close/exit.

Also...Browser > menu > options >

Browser configuration > uncheck support javascript & check prompt 2 enable js. Experiment w/browser id. I primarily use FF.

General properties > check enable js location support + image quality > low (faster).

Cache operations > regularly clear all 3.
    05-25-09 02:10 PM
    i didnt even get a chance to use any of your tips, the phone just popped up with a prompt saying device failure and shut off when i was in mid text, i try rebooting it and now its a complete white screen
    05-25-09 02:18 PM
    If it's a white screen and that's it... Bad.

If it's a white screen with a little clock... Good.
    05-25-09 02:21 PM
    it had a little clock, i dont know what the deal with it is. it keeps locking up in mid text. i had to pull the battery
    05-25-09 02:24 PM
    it had a little clock, i dont know what the deal with it is. it keeps locking up in mid text. i had to pull the battery
    That is good if the clock is there that is fine. When you bb is fully online, do physical battery pull. That should restore most of you device memory so that you phone will run faster and smother.

Since you are running ver.75 there is a couple things you can do to keep your storm in tip-top shape.

1) Make sure you close any apps that you have running. Remember there are only five apps that you cannot close.

Browser
    BB Messenger
    Home screen

Any other apps that is running is just taking up memory unless you are using it.

2) Download quickpull: this is free 3 party app. Quickpull stimulates a battery pull. Plus you can schedule a battery pull. When I used it I had set so that it does a battery pull every 4:30 AM.

3) When you have the chance, you should consider downloading a new OS 122, 131, 141 and 148 are some that one you can try.

I used to stick with ver 76. But the lag between the portrait and landscape mode pissed me off so i went to 122 ver and in fact I am contemplating to go to 148.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 05-25-09 at 03:00 PM.
    05-25-09 02:52 PM
    You said "in mid text" it was locking up. You may need to delete some of your inbox of older text/mms messages. It sounds like it could be getting too full. That would also make everything on the phone sluggish. You can configure you messages from the messages screen, hit menu>options>general options>keep messages and set it to a lower number (like 15 days). Also, next time it's slow, go to options>memory and see what your application memory is. As long as it's in teh high teens to 30 something, the phone should be OK. Lower than that, pull the battery. I highly recommend upgrading that OS to the latest .148. It's not hard to do. Just read through this (http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/) first. You phone will run amazingly well after an upgrade.

Grey
    05-25-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD