I just downgraded back down to .75 from .85 and I've got something new going on. My SMS alert is now intermittant. out of the last say 10 texts I received only like 3 or 4 have actually given an audible alert, LED is lighting up, but no sounds. Any thoughts, or know of a settings that could cause this, already tried two bat. pulls...
    01-06-09 02:41 PM
    Um... so this isnt new... what 3rd party apps are you running, if any?

I would give the storm some time to warm up and such. Seems to get better as it goes along on 75.
    01-06-09 02:46 PM
    AIM
    yahoo
    gtalk
    myspace
    facebook
    vibandring
    gsync
    quickpull
    aerize alerts (tried this with both enabled and disabled as well as alerting for sms and not, no change)

I've never heard of it either, seemed a bit odd. been trying to narrow down the cause, but people in the officer are getting tired of my SMS going off, so i'm waiting till I get home but hoping somebody may know something already

/crosses fingers.
    01-06-09 02:49 PM
    whoa! lots of 3rd aprty apps there! Have you tried to resend your service books? Not sure this will help but its worth a shot.

options > host routing table > bb button > register now

AIM
    yahoo
    gtalk
    myspace
    facebook
    vibandring
    gsync
    quickpull
    aerize alerts (tried this with both enabled and disabled as well as alerting for sms and not, no change)

I've never heard of it either, seemed a bit odd. been trying to narrow down the cause, but people in the officer are getting tired of my SMS going off, so i'm waiting till I get home but hoping somebody may know something already

/crosses fingers.
    01-06-09 04:08 PM
    Wow! I agree. Seems like alot of third party apps. I have found most apps are not quite ready for the storm.
    I have:
    QuickPull
    Google Maps

Thats it and my BB runs like a champ.
    01-06-09 04:58 PM
    Uninstall vibandring and aerize alerts. Reset your profiles back to default and test. Then customize the profiles and retest. Make sure you reboot after the app uninstalls.
    01-06-09 09:31 PM
    it's a lot of downloaded apps, but all stuff I use daily. so not really wanting to get rid of them just yet. I'll test it out as suggested tomorrow when I have some time and see what happens...I did resend service books and so forth as rooster mentioned, so we'll see. so far it hasn't been to much of a problem, but never know. Thanks for the suggestions all...
    01-06-09 10:44 PM
    How is that a lot? The first five come WITH the phone. I have just as many and don't have the problems. He does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 10:54 PM
    How is that a lot? The first five come WITH the phone. I have just as many and don't have the problems. He does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The first 5 do NOT come with the phone. The service book is there, but the actual app is not.
    01-07-09 01:36 AM
    my SMS Audible alerts only play 1 out of 5 times as well, and as for 3rd party apps I have Aim, Facebook, Twitterberry, myspace and Weatherbug. Aim and Facebook are default and myspace is an offcial rim product.. and i've been having this problem since .65 i've noticed the alerts aren't audible when the screen is in sleep mode, but if its on it'll always ring.
    01-07-09 02:02 AM
    The first 5 do NOT come with the phone. The service book is there, but the actual app is not.
    They are programs/apps that are available to add to the phone that have links to load the programs. Regardless, it's not uncommon to see someone have all those particular apps loaded on the phone. My point was that that is not a lot of apps to have.

I have this loaded on mine:

Quick Launches
    Amazon
    CBLauncer
    eBay
    NetFlix
    Papa Johns
    Paypal
    You Tube

Applications
    AIM
    BB Messenger
    Google Maps
    GTalk
    Nav4All
    QuickPull
    TalkLock
    Yahoo Messenger

Standard Stuff
    Docs to Go
    Brickbreaker
    Browser
    Word Mole

Is that a lot? I don't have Flickr, MySpace, etc. installed because I don't use it.
    01-07-09 10:02 AM
    I'm having the same problem, but mine seems to be completely random. I'll receive 5 alerts in a row and then 1 won't... or sometimes I'll receive 3 emails in a row without alerts. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

I'm running OS .75 as well.
    01-07-09 02:36 PM
    So I upgraded back up to .86 a week or two ago (whenever it came out), been working great, this problem was gone completely and I was getting alerts everytime. Today, actually only about an hour ago. I stopped getting alerts half the time, actually probably more than half. I thought I saw somewhere over the weekend, or last week about a way to get this corrected, but I'm having trouble finding it in s earch, is there a known way to correct this issue, or is it still just buggy OS issues?
    01-20-09 01:23 PM
    I thought I was going crazy, and just not hearing my phone vibrate.
    Also glad its not just me.

On 75 as well.
    01-20-09 01:41 PM
    bump once more to see if there's a fix anybody knows about.
    01-21-09 12:43 PM
    I think it might be aerize alerts. Have you tried to update this app recently? They come out with new updated versions every now and then.

Not sure, but I dumped this app until they come out with a version specific for the storm. I cant say for sure if they have or not but I would try and run your phone without it to see if this is causing some sort of conflict.

Also, what kind of install did you do? A stack or a clean one?
    02-24-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD