Here's a nice little story about me and my Storm and why I'm incredibly impressed despite its software issues...

I'm on my way home from a haircut and a movie on my day off (today) and I'm at a traffic light, two cars back from the light. It's raining, not horribly, but enough that the roads are wet and the soaked-in oil is starting to come up to the surface. I hear a thump; I thought it was the radio but I glanced in my rear-view mirror more out of habit than anything. What do I see? I looked up just in time to see the car behind me hit me courtesy of the car three-back from me. Four-car accident folks. Someone's horn is blaring, I saw steam from a cracked radiator; I get out of the car. In my haste, my Storm clatters on the pavement into a little puddle (face up, thank god).

The guy two cars back is out of his car and staggering around; without thinking I grab my slightly-soaked, rained-on, pavement-struck Storm and dial 911. I report the accident to the dispatcher and request an ambulance 'ASAP.' As it turns out, I was the only one on-scene with a cellular and my little Storm took its lickin' and kept tickin'. The guy who was staggering around? Neck injury and a concussion; maybe more, but that's all I caught from EMS on their way past me while I waited with the other non-injured for instructions from the police.

Any device that can take that abuse and still perform is alright in my book.
    05-26-09 12:01 AM
    Glad everything worked out. I find it crazy that out of four people there was only one cell phone, what is this, 1998?
    05-26-09 12:14 AM
    Nice story. I'll hug my Storm tomorrow when I get it. Maybe I will luck out with a model from Mexico and not Hungary that works! But I'm sure I'll be updating the firmware when I get home!
    05-26-09 12:18 AM
    The one guy might have had a phone... but he thought it was Tuesday and couldn't tell me his name, one vehicle was an elderly couple, the other was some teenage kid with a tracfone and no minutes. Very 1998-ish, though; I agree.
    05-26-09 12:18 AM
    wow man you had a full day lol hope you car was not banged up to bad. Have you ever thought about an invis sheild had mine done and love it you can get them installed for 33 bucks think the web site is zagg.com will not let it get scratched i have it on my storm itouch laptop and a bunch of other stuff around the house.
    05-26-09 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD