Ok, we should all know by now that if you set your icons to not scroll (ie 4x4) in portrait mode that the blue highlight will follow your finger, but what about landscape?

Well when you change to landscape, it gives you 3 rows usually. So you can either cut down to 12 (boo) icons, or get it to fit all 4 rows.

Here's how:

options>advanced>accessibility

change grid layout from "default" to "4x4"

it will squish everything down to fit and now it will follow your finger that way too.

12-04-08 11:55 PM
    Intersting. Didnt know that.
    12-04-08 11:57 PM
    i need more then just 16 icons. if not i'd be all over this. it looks cool
    12-04-08 11:59 PM
    i need more then just 16 icons. if not i'd be all over this. it looks cool
    when in doubt, make folders.

i made a "settings" folder for the clock, options, manage connections, and help
    12-05-08 12:00 AM
    I found a bug in 4x4 mode just now. If you have the messages box as one of your first set of icons it will always have the red star on it after switching to vertical orientation directly from horizontal orientation. This does not occur with the default layout. Unless this has something to do with the way the phone stores the image of the screen for faster accelerometer switching.
    12-05-08 12:09 AM
    I found a bug in 4x4 mode just now. If you have the messages box as one of your first set of icons it will always have the red star on it after switching to vertical orientation directly from horizontal orientation. This does not occur with the default layout. Unless this has something to do with the way the phone stores the image of the screen for faster accelerometer switching.
    i'll hafta test email myself a message then..

edit: i don't get that glitch
    12-05-08 12:11 AM
    Ok, we should all know by now that if you set your icons to not scroll (ie 4x4) in portrait mode that the blue highlight will follow your finger, but what about landscape?

Well when you change to landscape, it gives you 3 rows usually. So you can either cut down to 12 (boo) icons, or get it to fit all 4 rows.

Here's how:

it will squish everything down to fit and now it will follow your finger that way too.

Thanks! I like it!!!
    12-05-08 12:12 AM
    Thanks! I like it!!!
    np, just trying to give back anyway i can to this great forum
    12-05-08 12:14 AM
    Ok, tested things out some more. Red star is just all messed up for me in 4x4 mode. It does all sorts of weird things like get stuck on the main screen, not show up on the main screen until I switch to the home menu, etc.

Cool looking though thanks for the heads up.
    12-05-08 12:20 AM
    haha there is a 1x1 option. who would use that?!
    12-05-08 12:22 AM
    haha there is a 1x1 option. who would use that?!
    lol i clicked that once to see what it would look like...

it took me like 5 minutes to scroll to options...
    12-05-08 12:32 AM
    when i change to the 4x4 method.. I get the NON red star icon problem... It doesn't happen right away.. took me a day before it started happening!
    12-05-08 12:54 AM
    man ive been wondering if i was the only one with the red message star problems, but i had no idea it happened when i switched it to 4x4... i set it that way right away it will be wierd to change now lol hope its fixed in the official update.. im on 75 btw
    12-05-08 01:46 AM
    Yeah I noticed this awhile ago. Its great.
    12-05-08 02:18 AM
    Nice one. I don't really care for it but I'm sure others will. Good find. ^^
    12-05-08 02:30 AM
    Doesn't work for me. I cannot get the blue highlight to follow my finger, it always scrolls.
    12-05-08 07:55 AM

Here's how:

Awesome find!! I did not even think of checking out that area to fix the icons on landscape mode.
    12-05-08 08:00 AM
    Nice I didn't know that.
    12-05-08 08:01 AM
    I don't really like it that way, but I am sure that others will.
    12-05-08 08:20 AM
    Mine went to the 4 x 4 rows but it still doesn't follow my finger. I have to lift each time to highlight the next box. GA screen sheild?
    12-05-08 08:43 AM
    veerrryyyyy niiiiiiiiiiice!

thanks!
    12-05-08 08:45 AM
    This tip and the message indicator "star" issue were discussed with this method in another thread a few days after the release of the storm. There is some sort of bug. The only way it works perfectly is in the default mode.
    12-05-08 08:46 AM
    Mine went to the 4 x 4 rows but it still doesn't follow my finger. I have to lift each time to highlight the next box. GA screen sheild?
    just like this trick in portrait mode, you cannot have more icons than what can be displayed on the screen at one time. hide some of your icons.

basically this trick works because the scroll is temporarily disabled because there arent enough icons to scroll through.
    12-05-08 08:47 AM
    just like this trick in portrait mode, you cannot have more icons than what can be displayed on the screen at one time. hide some of your icons.

basically this trick works because the scroll is temporarily disabled because there arent enough icons to scroll through.
    Ah, I get it now. Thanks!!
    12-05-08 08:49 AM

what civic said.. just woke up lol
    12-05-08 09:25 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD