I have a feeling my question is going to get over looked in the other thread and I really really want to see if someone can answer. I just simply want to know if both the EVDO and WiFi icons can show on the screen at the same time? I just really want to try and put the assumptions coming from this picture to rest Here's my post from the other thread:

Ok, for those who think thats the WiFi symbol......can both the EVDO signal icon and WiFi icon be showing at the same time? Or would it just be on or the other? Because in this picture we clearly see the EVDO signal bar and what some people think is the WiFi icon.....and if both can't be showing at the same time because you're either using EVDO or WiFi, then we can come to the conclusion that it's not the WiFi icon and finally put this to rest. So anyone that actaully knows....can both the EVDO and WiFi icons be showing on the screen at the same time?

Edit:Crucial, can you please atleast help us out with this one and tell us whether or not both the EVDO and WiFi icons can show on the screen at the same time? You wouldn't really be giving us any inside information you can't talk about, just general phone information
    09-16-08 09:03 AM
    I don't personally have the wifi capability on my phone. Though the Evdo is just going to show up on your phone, just because you aren't accessing it doesn't mean it will disappear. It is merely showing what network you are connected to, and even though you are connected via wifi for data transport, the phone should still show 1xev for your actual network.

Edit: And honestly if you look closely it looks like an envelope with some sound waves coming out **voicemail maybe?** or an envelope with Numbers to the side. I can pretty much clearly see the envelope though, and can't clearly make out any letters at all... Just a side note is all.
    09-16-08 09:09 AM
    Well, with my phone, there have been instances where there was a wifi network present, and my phone still hadn't changed to UMA, so it shows both the WiFi and EDGE symbols.
    09-16-08 09:14 AM
    Thank you very much for your replies.......that's exactly the information I was looking for

Rjsumthin, from what I read earlier you work at Verizon and saw this video at work......is the video a lot better quality than this picture? Like would you be able to see that questionable icon from the still shot we have clearly? Because if you could, I'm pretty sure you could save a lot of us headaches
    09-16-08 09:42 AM
    I have a feeling my question is going to get over looked in the other thread and I really really want to see if someone can answer. I just simply want to know if both the EVDO and WiFi icons can show on the screen at the same time? I just really want to try and put the assumptions coming from this picture to rest Here's my post from the other thread:
    That has been discussed in this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/off...4/index23.html
    09-16-08 09:49 AM
    That has been discussed in this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/off...4/index23.html
    Yes thank you, I'm the one who posted that same question there. However, like I had said, the question as to whether or not the EVDO and WiFi can appear on the screen simultaneously was being over looked and was only getting answers as to what they thought the icon was
    09-16-08 10:20 AM
    Yes thank you, I'm the one who posted that same question there. However, like I had said, the question as to whether or not the EVDO and WiFi can appear on the screen simultaneously was being over looked and was only getting answers as to what they thought the icon was
    I actually posted a screenshot of my curve with wifi and edge appearing...
    09-16-08 10:38 AM
    I actually posted a screenshot of my curve with wifi and edge appearing...
    Oh wow, I saw that but was looking for EVDO and it didn't realize EDGE would practically be EVDO......my bad, but thanks for that screenshot
    09-16-08 10:45 AM
    To be honest, I doubt the Storm has WiFi. Wifi isn't big with VZW plus it's never mentioned in any of the literature we've seen or even in the employee video. That would be another selling point they would definitely provide. Oh well...
    09-16-08 11:46 AM
    I agree with Pholey. The answer looks like "no" - WiFi and EVDO icons will not appear simultaneously on a VZW Storm. The reason: no WiFi wil be available on a VZW Storm, ergo no icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 05:23 AM
    Well after seeing the high quality video, we can say for sure it's not the Wi-Fi icon This thread is no longer needed and thanks to everyone who replied
    09-17-08 09:05 AM
    I can't think RIM would be ignorant enough to think that the phone doesn't need WiFi. It's designed to keep people in touch that need to be in touch at all times. You won't always have a cell phone signal: in a large business building, in a new structure that blocks cell phone reception, a doctor in a hospital, a consultant on an airplane, or even a business man on vacation not wanting to pay exorbitant data fees for a .pdf. Wifi is available in all these common situations and dozens more. And, believe it or not, some places just aren't covered (i.e. when I head to northern Michigan, I don't get a cell phone signal, but WiFi is all over).

Is RIM just that out of touch with their users?
    09-17-08 08:55 PM
    I feel that RIM would be seriously remiss to not include wifi. If they really want to compete with the mePhone, the Storm MUST have wifi.
    09-17-08 09:19 PM
    I feel that RIM would be seriously remiss to not include wifi. If they really want to compete with the mePhone, the Storm MUST have wifi.
    I don't think it has anything to do with competing with the iPhone. It's about giving business users a powerful option that allows them to stay connected--an idea RIM built their company on.
    09-17-08 09:27 PM
    I don't think it has anything to do with competing with the iPhone. It's about giving business users a powerful option that allows them to stay connected--an idea RIM built their company on.
    I have to strongly disagree with that statement. IMO the MAIN reason this phone is coming to fruition (no pun intended), is to compete with the iPhone.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 09-17-08 at 09:38 PM.
    09-17-08 09:32 PM
    (i.e. when I head to northern Michigan, I don't get a cell phone signal, but WiFi is all over).
    Northern Michigan...Try getting a signal in the UP (that's the "upper peninsula" for you non-MI folks). You have to drive 100 miles just to make a call some times. I don't think wifi is very prevalent up there either, the deer and trees don't go online that much.
    09-17-08 10:40 PM
    Northern Michigan...Try getting a signal in the UP (that's the "upper peninsula" for you non-MI folks). You have to drive 100 miles just to make a call some times. I don't think wifi is very prevalent up there either, the deer and trees don't go online that much.
    Exactly. There isn't a cell phone signal in a lot of areas up there, but we have DSL coming in and connected to a WiFi. Some stores in town have WiFi up too.

I think at this point we have to hope Verizon gets screwed with the 9330 because it does not have WiFi, and the rest of the world gets WiFi on the 9500.
    09-17-08 10:43 PM
    By the end of this week I can have wifi confirmed
    09-17-08 11:05 PM
    .......I'd like to see that.......
    09-17-08 11:11 PM
    .......I'd like to see that.......
    +1

09-17-08 11:31 PM
    How can you get this confirmed?
    09-18-08 04:30 AM
    I got a buddy who is deep in Verizon, I knew about this phone before anything had ever been released on it lol
    09-18-08 07:51 AM
    I got a buddy who is deep in Verizon, I knew about this phone before anything had ever been released on it lol
    And he's told you it has WiFi?
    09-18-08 08:39 AM
    Any word on the OFFICIAL release date?
    09-18-08 10:32 AM
    And he's told you it has WiFi?

Well still waiting for an email, but I've known about the phone for the longest of times lol. Hopefully he should respond soon
    09-18-08 08:42 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD