Is the reason my new blackberry has way too many bugs/problems is that RIM really has fallen in the deep end??? Lets be honest, the amount of problems is a pure joke!! Even just to answer a call is a problem for the storm. The amount of problems/bugs is just gone way too far. Why are we all paying so much for a "phone" that does'nt really do what it say's on the tin?? I'm thinking RIM tried too beat the iphone but has failed horribly.
    03-08-09 07:51 PM
    we could only wait for the next update
    03-08-09 07:56 PM
    Is the reason my new blackberry has way too many bugs/problems is that RIM really has fallen in the deep end??? Lets be honest, the amount of problems is a pure joke!! Even just to answer a call is a problem for the storm. The amount of problems/bugs is just gone way too far. Why are we all paying so much for a "phone" that does'nt really do what it say's on the tin?? I'm thinking RIM tried too beat the iphone but has failed horribly.
    Is this your first Blackberry?
    03-08-09 07:58 PM
    ALl phones have issues

but this one definitely has more than the "norm"...even RIM agrees
    03-08-09 08:01 PM
    What do you mean by "way too many bugs/problems"? What kind of problem do you have with your Storm? Would you care to share them?

I don't have any problem with my Storm. Yes, it is very different from my previous WinMo phones. And it took me a week to get used to the keyboard (I am used to the blue lights and the clicks now, and I can type relatively fast on the keyboard). But these are not problems in my humble opinion, just learning curve.
    03-08-09 08:04 PM
    Why should we have too wait for an update when the storm don't work for off the line. how can you send a product to market that just does not work.
    sorry not havin a go at you but i just had about enough of this. When i first picked up my storm i was well happy. soon aftern started getting all these problems/bugs. I just don't understand how a big company like this would do what they have done. I work for CASIO UK and we would NEVER realese a product which would fail our customers as much as this!!!!!
    03-08-09 08:04 PM
    I'm very happy with my storm.

Its my first bb and I was about to return it less than a week after I started using it.... It was like information overload for me.

Now? I'm a bb lifer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 08:06 PM
    No this is not my first blackberry
    03-08-09 08:06 PM
    I'm very happy with my storm.

Its my first bb and I was about to return it less than a week after I started using it.... It was like information overload for me.

Now? I'm a bb lifer.

bet your last phone was a nokia 5200!!! LOL
    03-08-09 08:08 PM
    Why should we have too wait for an update when the storm don't work for off the line. how can you send a product to market that just does not work.
    sorry not havin a go at you but i just had about enough of this. When i first picked up my storm i was well happy. soon aftern started getting all these problems/bugs. I just don't understand how a big company like this would do what they have done. I work for CASIO UK and we would NEVER realese a product which would fail our customers as much as this!!!!!
    You still did not state what kind of problem you are experiencing. Perhaps we can help you if you can list them out.

Many people who are eager for the new OS are early adoptors. They always want to get their hands on the latest and greatest. It does not mean the current .75 is not working or something like that. I am on .75 OS and my Storm is working perfectly fine.

The Storm is not for everyone because of the learning curve. If you really hate it that much, you should change to another phone.
    03-08-09 08:10 PM
    First, your comment about "how can you send a product to market that just does not work" - yeah, I can make phone calls on my Storm, I can receive/send my emails, I can text/send multimedia messages, I can take pictures; so um... yeah don't know what you mean about a product that doesn't work.

Second, you just dug yourself a hole you won't be able to get out of; Casio would never release a product that would fail its customers? Guess you completely forgot about the Casio G'Zone Boulder. Here let me remind you: Casio G'zOne Boulder Review - page4 (Phone Arena)
    Last edited by BloodiedWraith; 03-08-09 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added URL
    03-08-09 08:10 PM
    im sorry but i agree with him - i pay good money i expect a almost flawless phone - the iphone dosent have this many problems (hate to admit it)
    03-08-09 08:15 PM
    Ive been an iPhone user since the day it came out, ive had both generations. Just recently sold my 3G and bought the storm. Sure its not as smooth as the iPhone, however the first iPhone was junk for awhile till they got the updates down pat. Took at least 6months before it was a legit good phone. Same when the 3G, there were people DOWNGRADING to the old software due to issues. However within a month or so the 3G was better. So just give it time, they will fix it. The iPhone may be nice, but it lacks basic phone tasks which was my main reason for switching (sending MMS is a hassle, no video camera and AT&T 3G is slow compared to verizons!)
    03-08-09 08:17 PM
    i had the storm since it comes out it is awsome! Look at the Iphone it had major prob's when it first came out and it still does sometimes.... Just have to have to wait.... I have no problems except for minor ones that can be fixed
    03-08-09 08:23 PM
    im sorry but i agree with him - i pay good money i expect a almost flawless phone - the iphone dosent have this many problems (hate to admit it)
    They still sell the iphone!
    03-08-09 08:38 PM
    You have to ask yourself, did anyone at RIM actually USE THE PHONE before letting it go to market?

Laggy Menus, check...

Time to open the phone 2+ seconds... check

Accelerometer on Nyquil... check

OK, seems good to me!
    03-08-09 08:41 PM
    this phone does take some gettin used-to...
    I've had mine about two weeks and I'm finally getting it. It takes a light touch when browsing the net on the screen, wait for the blue light to type, etc.
    I'm still trying to fix my bluetooth issues. my hs wont connect worth a dang half the time. The other half the time it works acceptably well enough. Maybe I need a different device.
    What I do love about it is the big screen, and the browser is alot faster than my gf's bb curve.
    03-08-09 08:47 PM
    You still did not state what kind of problem you are experiencing. Perhaps we can help you if you can list them out.

Many people who are eager for the new OS are early adoptors. They always want to get their hands on the latest and greatest. It does not mean the current .75 is not working or something like that. I am on .75 OS and my Storm is working perfectly fine.

The Storm is not for everyone because of the learning curve. If you really hate it that much, you should change to another phone.
    Once again, please state your specific problems. Someone on this forum might be able to help you to resolve the problem. But if you cannot state the specifics and just tell us the phone does not work, perhaps you should just return the phone if it is still new. As I have said, the Storm is not for everyone because of the learning curve.
    03-08-09 09:01 PM
    I haven't had any big problems with my Storm... I changed some settings for the MMS and it seems to be working. This is my first Blackberry and I'm very pleased with my phone. When an official update comes out I'll be glad to have it, but for now the Storm is doing quite well for a first generation.
    03-08-09 09:06 PM
    Its rare for any new tech product to be released error free. In many instances its the consumers fault. Not the individual consumer but the mass consumer. As a group no one calls bull****e anymore and puts up with shoddy practices as the norm. So, companies follow that trend. Granted, no one will purchase a new car with three wheels, even with the promise of a fourth mailed to them in another month because its not the "norm". But with tech there is a learning curve in use and acceptance of functionality.
    This is my first and NOT last BB. I don't know if all their products are released with problems, but their hold on the market makes me believe that they intend to right whatever wrongs there are with their products to maintain the name and reputation they've created. I would like a perfect phone but then there is nothing to look forward to. (=

03-08-09 11:15 PM
    how can you send a product to market that just does not work?
    you're right nobody ever does this...Windows Vista...it's just not conscionable...Helio Ocean...people should test, test, test everything before it ever hits the market...Yugo...the mere thought of anyone bringing out a product that isn't ready for mass consumption is terrible...Atari Jaguar...Apple Newton...Apple Pippin...and even everyone's favorite 'golden child', the first generation iPhone

I guess I'm trying to say that Blackberry and RIM have done what they do very well for a long time now and they felt like trying something new. It may not have been an amazing, monumental success, but it's pretty damn good, and is poised to be far better than anything else out there. For the real tech-heads, we are willing to put up with a few little bugs because we can see the bigger picture down the road and know that we are on the cutting edge. If you want a phone that is tried and tested and is known not to have any bugs, then go get one...if you can find it. Everything has bugs, and everything debuts with little quirks, you've just got to look past them to see what is groundbreaking.
    03-09-09 12:10 AM
    I wouldn't say that they've taken on too much however, they should at least almost perfect one device before they release another. I mean the storms problems aren't anywhere near being fixed but yet Verizon will be launching the Niagara soon....
    03-09-09 12:15 AM
    I wouldn't say that they've taken on too much however, they should at least almost perfect one device before they release another. I mean the storms problems aren't anywhere near being fixed but yet Verizon will be launching the Niagara soon....
    i almost feel sorry for the future Niagara users already!!!!
    03-09-09 02:56 AM
    The phone was released to early. The concept is good but the execution is pure beta. I'm sure its costing them plenty in equipment exchanges and complaints. They should have waited 6 months and released the phone with better software and tweaked hardware. I'm sure it was rushed to market to try and stop Apple and AT&T from running away with the touch screen segment, but they did indeed miss the target a bit and it might be costing RIM a bit of its reputation this time around. I do feel Verizon and RIM should be compensating its Storm owners in some way for the inconvenience to the slow "fix" response. If enough owners have problems we may even see a class action law suit in the future who knows. It may also be that some users are expecting to much from a smart phone. I have had mine less than a week and besides its slightly quirky designed touch screen my phone is operating very well.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-09-09 at 03:28 AM.
    03-09-09 03:09 AM

Be more specific about how it does not work. I've had my Storm since Novemebr 27th (I have the first phone I received - no replacements) and I have vitually zero problems. No random reboots, phone works first time every time, no locking up. I'm running .109 on the unit and have no real complaints. I still think a lot of the problems that people have (not all) is user error. A smartphone lets you perform some of the functions that you can do on a desktop/laptop computer, but no matter whether it is a BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Palm, or any other existing OS, it is not a replacement for a full computer, and people should really stop thinking that it is.
    Last edited by RBernier; 03-09-09 at 03:28 AM.
    03-09-09 03:24 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD