Why do you say such stupid things? First off why wouldn't they want us to have it? Think about it for just a second. They require all of their Blackberry users to have a dedicated data plan. They are getting their money, its that simple. Wifi could only help them by taking some of the burden off of their system. Wifi eats batteries and chains people down. I am sorry you can't view your Youtube videos crystal clear. Its a bummer it really is, but as I said earlier a Blackberry is a mobile phone. MOBILE. What part of that do you not understand? Most people say that the real benefit to wifi would be at the home or office. Why? In either place you prolly most likely have a dedicated broadband connection and a perfectly good computer in front of you. How hard is that to understand. Verizon gains nothing from not allowing Wifi. Wifi is a crutch for a subpar carrier like AT&T and T-Mobile. Check the news my friend, just today AT&T's network took another header into the toilet.
    Amen. Good point
    01-07-09 03:08 PM
    definitely. was overseas for the holidays and would have loved to have been able to check e-mail without borrowing my friend's iphone all the time
    01-07-09 03:10 PM
    don't need wifi , 3g OwNz, 3rd party app OPERA as a browser
    01-07-09 03:15 PM
    Not at all..
    01-07-09 03:19 PM
    Nope, not at all. Works great without it!
    01-07-09 03:23 PM
    Those of you who think 400-600kbps 3G is rocking need better home High Speed connections. I have over 3000kbps on my DSL connection and I know many people have over 10000kbps over cable. Humm would I rather go over Verizon's slow network or my fast WIFI? No brainer. The only reason there is no wifi is because Verizon likes to control there users. Anyone who doesn't see that needs glasses. Wifi would only benefit you not hurt. Plus we could be streaming awesome youtube videos instead of this crap-o-vision Verizon is feeding us.

i have 25000kbps over fios

thats 25 megabit

but i would actually like wifi on the phone for a few instances.

1) when i want to transfer files to the device
    2) when i am on the can and cant get 3g in my bathroom

besides that, i dont miss it much.
    01-07-09 03:31 PM
    From the day I got the Storm, I aquired a monthly data fee. Where I live umts coverage is excellent, so I'm allways connected. No need for wifi whatsoevwr

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 03:44 PM
    BES all the way - so no
    01-07-09 03:51 PM
    No. If iTunes could be installed and download music through that, then maybe. VZW's 3G coverage is good.
    01-07-09 03:53 PM
    I don't MISS wifi but it would be nice. Another guest's Iphone connecting via wifi was surfing much faster. Did side-by-side comparison loading various sites and the wifi connection was much quicker that the Storm. Was the Storm's speed acceptable? Yes. Was I bothered by the speed? Not really. In the end, however, the comparison left me wanting more and realizing a faster speed would be nice.
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 01-07-09 at 04:16 PM.
    01-07-09 03:57 PM
    nope, not at all
    01-07-09 03:58 PM
    Not having wifi doesn't bother me

01-07-09 04:04 PM
    Nope. My wife has it on her XV6800 and even then never uses it.
    01-07-09 04:16 PM
    And for some of us our service provider is faster than wifi. Between work, dorm, and home I can use my laptop when I'm at those places.

maybe you can sell that nonsense to other verizon users..people with brains will not buy this bull^&*&$^ for one second
    your service provider is NOT faster than WiFi ....so come back to reality please..on average WiFI is probably 2+ times faster than your network
    01-07-09 04:17 PM
    The Storm is on Revision A which averages higher than 600kbps. Wi-fi is faster but only marginally when comparing it to 3g when on a phone. If you think Verizon is the only company that likes to control their users then you should put on some glasses.
    you have no idea what you're talking about
    revision A in ideal conditions is 800kbps..you are probably never in ideal conditions
    revision A is slower than the slowest speed DSL you can get
    care to explain to me how that is even remotely only marginally slower than the average home cable connection with a wireless router at 7Mbps ?
    how about a coffee shop with FIOS at 20Mbps ??
    the average broadband speed in the US is 1.9Mbps twice as fast as your verizon super network
    01-07-09 04:27 PM
    From the day I got the Storm, I aquired a monthly data fee. Where I live umts coverage is excellent, so I'm allways connected. No need for wifi whatsoevwr

funny how nobody needs wi fi when you cant have it....
    i bet iof the storm came with WIFI most of you would be WiFi cheerleaders
    Last edited by giantfan30; 01-07-09 at 04:32 PM.
    01-07-09 04:30 PM
    I had internet problems at home for a couple of days and desperately needed wi-fi. The Storm cannot do everything I need for the web. So I ended up at a McDonald's with my laptop and Blackberry sitting side by side.

It may not be an issue for everyone but it is for me.
    01-07-09 04:30 PM
    I had internet problems at home for a couple of days and desperately needed wi-fi. The Storm cannot do everything I need for the web. So I ended up at a McDonald's with my laptop and Blackberry sitting side by side.

It may not be an issue for everyone but it is for me.
    i have WiFi and 3G
    i'm on a faster network than Verizon's version of 3G
    even when i have 5 full bars of 3G which is pretty much all of the time i use WiFi when i can...it blows 3G out of the water when it comes to using the internet... no ifs ands or buts...
    if you say you dont need it good for you...just stop making up facts to suit your viewpoint(not directed at you LStorm)
    01-07-09 04:38 PM
    Assuming any apps actually come to the Storm, without WiFi your limiting some potentially interesting LAN interaction with other applications/computers/devices...

But better to leave that ability with the 'iToy' as the BB fanboys call it. The Storm is for serious work right?
    01-07-09 04:40 PM
    you have no idea what you're talking about
    revision A in ideal conditions is 800kbps..you are probably never in ideal conditions
    revision A is slower than the slowest speed DSL you can get
    care to explain to me how that is even remotely only marginally slower than the average home cable connection with a wireless router at 7Mbps ?
    how about a coffee shop with FIOS at 20Mbps ??
    the average broadband speed in the US is 1.9Mbps twice as fast as your verizon super network
    I have had the Lg-vx9400 and thethered to my laptop with average speeds of 800kbps. If you didn't know the 9400 isn't Revision A. Granted my experiences does not accurately reflect those of everybody. Do a speed test on any PHONE and see how fast it browses. Serveral mbps is a stretch. No where close to 7mbps down. The last time I checked this is a phone forum and not a PC forum and as of now I don't believe any phone browses at 20mbps. I have had both the Samsung i730 and i760 and wi-fi on a 12mbps cable connection was faster but IMO marginally better.
    01-07-09 04:46 PM
    funny how nobody needs wi fi when you cant have it....
    i bet iof the storm came with WIFI most of you would be WiFi cheerleaders
    Funny how nobody needs 3g when you can have Wi-fi....
    01-07-09 04:50 PM
    I have had the Lg-vx9400 and thethered to my laptop with average speeds of 800kbps. If you didn't know the 9400 isn't Revision A. Granted my experiences does not accurately reflect those of everybody. Do a speed test on any PHONE and see how fast it browses. Serveral mbps is a stretch. No where close to 7mbps down. The last time I checked this is a phone forum and not a PC forum and as of now I don't believe any phone browses at 20mbps. I have had both the Samsung i730 and i760 and wi-fi on a 12mbps cable connection was faster but IMO marginally better.
    you obviously didnt understand what i said... some genius said that the verizon network is faster than WiFi...i gave an example of WiFi speeds...
    you can spin it anyway you need to
    secondly when you find a speed test thats accurate with a mobile browser let me know
    my Bold browses just fine on my 7Mbps wireless connection at home.....and it renders web pages several times faster than when its on 3G....... you can spin that anyway you need to
    Last edited by giantfan30; 01-07-09 at 05:02 PM.
    01-07-09 04:58 PM
    WiFi would be a great option to have but i don't need it.
    Verizon 3G is fast enough for me
    01-07-09 05:03 PM
    Funny how nobody needs 3g when you can have Wi-fi....
    funny you would bring that up
    i have 3G thats faster than Verizon's 3G i can also simultaneously transmit voice and data...oh yea i have WiFi too
    so wanna rethink that comment?
    01-07-09 05:05 PM
    you obviously didnt understand what i said... some genius said that the verizon network is faster than WiFi...i gave an example of WiFi speeds...
    you can spin it anyway you need to
    If anyone said that Verizon is faster than any broadband connection they are wrong. I was simply stating that any phone would be hard pressed to fully take advantage of any broadband connection. Not trying to spin anything just stating empirical data.

Spin that any way you want
    Last edited by fineazngod; 01-07-09 at 05:13 PM.
    01-07-09 05:06 PM
173 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD