While WiFi is not necessary it would be helpful and I find myself needing it once in awhile. I was over a friends house in his basement. I had no coverage and was trying to use the browser. I've also been in a few buildings that were the same.

So I don't need it but if I had it, it would erase the last thing I complain about when someone asks about my storm.
    01-07-09 01:40 PM
    I'll admit, it would be extremely cool if it had it.

I've been using my Fios modem with wireless capability for everyone else's phone except for my own haha.

No big deal though I suppose.
    01-07-09 01:50 PM
    seriously though.....If I wanted a phone that had wi-Fi then I would have gotten one. I knew this didn't have it when I got it and I was ok with that.

I could not agree more. I knew the specs of the phone before i bought it. if i wanted Wifi, i would have got a phone that had it.
    01-07-09 01:53 PM
    While Wi-Fi is very fast and works very well, so does the 3G network coverage with Verizon. So far I haven't had any reception issues and I am very happy with the speed of the browser. As subsequent os's are released and the phone is improved, I only see the browser increasing in speed and effectiveness.
    01-07-09 02:08 PM
    And for some of us our service provider is faster than wifi. Between work, dorm, and home I can use my laptop when I'm at those places.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 02:09 PM
    wimax maybe.
    01-07-09 02:11 PM
    Why-fi?

Had my storm on a 2000+ mile trip even along the southern appalachians and never needed a backup to the VZ network.

same here. i've driven all over the US and haven't had a need for it! even on the "Loneliest Road in America."
    01-07-09 02:14 PM
    when i was just overseas for a few days i said.. DAMN i wish i had a Wi-Fi connection.. good thing my 14 year old cousin had an iTouch.. needed to look up an email. This is a world phone.
    Last edited by destro23; 01-07-09 at 02:23 PM.
    01-07-09 02:20 PM
    Even if I had wi-fi, it wouldn't do me any good where I live.

I haven't missed it at all.
    01-07-09 02:24 PM
    If I could have Wifi speed everywhere for Crackberry.com that would be awesome. For some reason it takes 10 years for Crackberry.com to load up Thank god for the CB launcher, that gets me into the forums quick at least.
    01-07-09 02:25 PM
    If I could have Wifi speed everywhere for Crackberry.com that would be awesome. For some reason it takes 10 years for Crackberry.com to load up Thank god for the CB launcher, that gets me into the forums quick at least.
    wap.crackberry.com

i just found out that link the other day.. i was using the www...and it would take up to 99 seconds to load the home page

lol silly mistake on my part
    01-07-09 02:27 PM
    Because the actual site isnt designed for mobile use.
    01-07-09 02:28 PM
    Wi-fi would be nice to have for streaming youtube videos in higher quality or downloading files larger than 5mb from my browser. Other than that it really is useless.

01-07-09 02:35 PM
    Because the actual site isnt designed for mobile use.
    Alot of sites are not, but they load up faster than CB. B'sides with the Storm who really wants to go to a mobile page. You shouldn't have to. I like the CB launcher because it gets me into the forums quick, but thats about it.
    01-07-09 02:37 PM
    You mean this thing doesn't have Wi-FI?!?!?!? I am taking it back!

I'm with you, I thought it did!

01-07-09 02:37 PM
    Alot of sites are not, but they load up faster than CB. B'sides with the Storm who really wants to go to a mobile page. You shouldn't have to. I like the CB launcher because it gets me into the forums quick, but thats about it.
    Depends on how many images and what the page consists of. crackberry.com has a lot of images that is heavy download content.
    01-07-09 02:41 PM
    Those of you who think 400-600kbps 3G is rocking need better home High Speed connections. I have over 3000kbps on my DSL connection and I know many people have over 10000kbps over cable. Humm would I rather go over Verizon's slow network or my fast WIFI? No brainer. The only reason there is no wifi is because Verizon likes to control there users. Anyone who doesn't see that needs glasses. Wifi would only benefit you not hurt. Plus we could be streaming awesome youtube videos instead of this crap-o-vision Verizon is feeding us.
    01-07-09 02:42 PM
    ive wanted wi-fi all of two times. except where i've wanted wi-fi, there wasnt a hot spot.. so thats kind of moot.

the 9530 didn't come with wi-fi, it was known. anyone who bought the storm and still wants to complain about no wi-fi shouldnt have bought it. you knew what it came with. if you wanted wi-fi, you should have bought another phone.
    01-07-09 02:42 PM
    I had Wi-fi on my old Samsung I760 and Samsung I730 and never used it. I don't miss Wi-fi at all and have never thought that I needed it.
    Last edited by fineazngod; 01-07-09 at 03:06 PM.
    01-07-09 02:51 PM
    Never had it on a phone, so I don't miss it. If you could make free calls while on wi-fi, then I might care more.
    01-07-09 02:51 PM
    Wifi? What's that?
    01-07-09 02:55 PM
    I was on a long Virgin Atlantic flight, which offered Wi-Fi and wished I had it; but, that has been the only time.
    01-07-09 02:58 PM
    Those of you who think 400-600kbps 3G is rocking need better home High Speed connections. I have over 3000kbps on my DSL connection and I know many people have over 10000kbps over cable. Humm would I rather go over Verizon's slow network or my fast WIFI? No brainer. The only reason there is no wifi is because Verizon likes to control there users. Anyone who doesn't see that needs glasses. Wifi would only benefit you not hurt. Plus we could be streaming awesome youtube videos instead of this crap-o-vision Verizon is feeding us.
    The Storm is on Revision A which averages higher than 600kbps. Wi-fi is faster but only marginally when comparing it to 3g when on a phone. If you think Verizon is the only company that likes to control their users then you should put on some glasses.
    01-07-09 03:04 PM
    Why do you say such stupid things? First off why wouldn't they want us to have it? Think about it for just a second. They require all of their Blackberry users to have a dedicated data plan. They are getting their money, its that simple. Wifi could only help them by taking some of the burden off of their system. Wifi eats batteries and chains people down. I am sorry you can't view your Youtube videos crystal clear. Its a bummer it really is, but as I said earlier a Blackberry is a mobile phone. MOBILE. What part of that do you not understand? Most people say that the real benefit to wifi would be at the home or office. Why? In either place you prolly most likely have a dedicated broadband connection and a perfectly good computer in front of you. How hard is that to understand. Verizon gains nothing from not allowing Wifi. Wifi is a crutch for a subpar carrier like AT&T and T-Mobile. Check the news my friend, just today AT&T's network took another header into the toilet.
    01-07-09 03:06 PM
    Nope, haven't missed it at all. The only place I would even have access to Wi-Fi is at home, but since I have three computers here too, there's no reason for me to surf the internet on a 3 inch screen!
    01-07-09 03:06 PM
173 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD