So I was just thinking. It seems with every product we buy there is a thread somewhere that is full of users complaining about something.

I can buy a TV and go to the AVS forums and read and read about all the issues people are having.

I can buy a blackberry and come to crackberry and find threads dedicated to people having issues.

Is this more of a blessing or a curse? I remember back in the day when there was no internet, no forums, etc... I almost think I was better off that way because I guess I wasn't as anal as I am now about things. If I had a TV I loved it, I couldn't go on the internet and find all the things people have found and then drive myself crazy looking for the same flaws.

In my experience I have friends who own storms, they are not as techie as I am and don't care to visit forums and they are very happy with their storms. They all run .75 and feel it could be faster but they aren't aware of the other issues people bring up in the forums.

I too am a victim, at times I will have a device and then find a thread and start to read about flaws or issues and then I go looking for them on my device then I find them. I would be better off not reading about them and just enjoying my device.

So are we all glad we have these forums to nitpick...or were we all better off being in the dark? I don't know....
    03-04-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD