after many careless drops, the screen has finally shattered. not even pissed surprisingly. put on a reusable screen protector to hold it and put back on the silicone case and its gonna stay like this until i upgrade in the winter.

i do have insurance but im not gonna spend 50 after having to spend 180 cause of the first storm getting lost in the mail back in december.
    05-29-10 02:46 PM
    I thought the screens were meant to be more or less indestructible?!?
    05-29-10 04:49 PM
    Thank goodness for my Otterbox.....they dropped my insurance after I had to replace 2 in a 6 month period. I also shattered my S1. The Otterbox is the real deal though, I have dropped it from a 6 foot ladder, and didn't even scatch the phone.
    05-29-10 07:17 PM
    i have yet to see a cell phone that is indestuctible.
    05-29-10 07:23 PM
    indestructable? Even a heavily armored army personnel carrier is not indestructable...
    05-29-10 09:34 PM
    Haha, think late on last night, my word choice was a little 'dodgy'
    05-30-10 01:30 AM
    Thank goodness for my Otterbox.....they dropped my insurance after I had to replace 2 in a 6 month period. I also shattered my S1. The Otterbox is the real deal though, I have dropped it from a 6 foot ladder, and didn't even scatch the phone.
    Hmmm let's see. Shattered your S1 and your S2 twice. You are a definite candidate for the cheapest piece of crap phone on the market that will let you make phone calls and text your little friends.

You've must have more dollars than sense, at the least you're one of the most irresponsible people on the board.
    05-30-10 12:54 PM
    I shattered my first S2 screen. It sucked. And about a month ago my phone got caught on my jacket when I took it out of my pocket and I dropped it and it hit a landscaping rock. It was in my incipio case. But it hit right on the screen. It cracked and shattered. This time I had a screen protector on it and though it looked bad I figured I would just deal with it. Well needless to say some how my phone screen doesn't even looked cracked anymore. Its amazing. I will post a pic of my screen right after I dropped it and one of the screen now. So you guys can see it. Its really strange. I will have to post it when I get to my computer at home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 05:01 PM
    Hmmm let's see. Shattered your S1 and your S2 twice. You are a definite candidate for the cheapest piece of crap phone on the market that will let you make phone calls and text your little friends.

You've must have more dollars than sense, at the least you're one of the most irresponsible people on the board.
    He obviously works outside maybe even on roofs. Stuff will happen.
    Insulting him was absolutly pointless. Who's the responsible person here? He is... He got the right case for his phone.
    You? Still need to grow up.
    05-30-10 05:21 PM
    there's only one lcd screen that wont crack, and it's flexible. video of it on ebaums or break.com
    05-31-10 03:13 PM
    You only broke the digitzer. You can fix it your self. It the biggest pain in a** thing to do. My suggestion is order the lcd and digitizer on eBay and fix it your self. I fixed mine but if you do warning take your time!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 04:10 PM
    nah im good. not worth the time and money
    05-31-10 07:55 PM
    They are quite durable (and very scratch resistant), but they will crack and break like any glass objects will if enough force is applied.
    06-01-10 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD