I am curious..I am going to visit a friend who lives on the east coast and we will be on the beach and I am curious if anyone has used it on the beach, and if so, did you have any troubles with sand in the gaps around the screen? Obviously, you dont bury the phone or or leave it out..but if your texting or checking email, or just plaing talking on it..has anyone had to break out the dust off and get the compressed air in between the screen?? let me know..thanks
    02-22-09 08:20 PM
    Yikes, even if someone here says "i've done it, no problems", I don't think I would risk it, personally.
    02-22-09 08:22 PM
    I would neve risk doing that. Not with phone. Maybe put it in a bag before I do anthing with it. But sorry can't answer the question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 08:31 PM
    I live at the beach and I don't plan on taking my phone anywhere near the beach once it gets warm enough to go.
    02-22-09 08:31 PM
    I've done it, no problems... I put my Storm in a ziplock bag... No water or sand can get to it and it is fully functional... No worries, just use protection...

02-22-09 08:34 PM
    man, some of you guys act like this thing is a fragile little egg!!! I just got back from a week in mexico. Storm worked great down there and I sat on the beach all day every day with my Storm. Emails, brickbreaker, music, whatever. It is fine. what sand that did get on my phone was easily blown off by. relax everyone, it is just a phone.
    02-22-09 08:36 PM
    Sun, wind, sand, and water = disaster waiting to happen.

I did hear that somebody put theirs in a ziplock bag and it worked fine.

Good Luck!
    02-22-09 08:38 PM
    man, some of you guys act like this thing is a fragile little egg!!! I just got back from a week in mexico. Storm worked great down there and I sat on the beach all day every day with my Storm. Emails, brickbreaker, music, whatever. It is fine. what sand that did get on my phone was easily blown off by. relax everyone, it is just a phone.
    Says the guy with no gaps in his screen...lol Joking.

I presently live and grew up on the Florida beaches...It's not a matter of relaxing...it's being cautious and taking care of an expensive phone that some may not have insured or have the money to replace.
    02-22-09 08:43 PM
    Says the guy with no gaps in his screen...lol Joking.

I presently live and grew up on the Florida beaches...It's not a matter of relaxing...it's being cautious and taking care of an expensive phone that some may not have insured or have the money to replace.
    ...thank you
    02-22-09 08:47 PM
    You're quite welcome Matty
    02-22-09 08:54 PM
    I used mine on the beach for 4 straight days. While I am sure it would have been fine I did place my Storm into one of the snack size ziplock baggies. It was awesome being able to use every function of the phone without worry.

02-22-09 08:54 PM
    They have a case in a store somewhere that allows you to use the phone even while under water. Dust and water proof. Not fashionable but it works. I do not recommend talking on it underwater though.

02-22-09 09:50 PM
    Yikes, even if someone here says "i've done it, no problems", I don't think I would risk it, personally.
    haha... i can say i've done it. i did it yesterday actually BUT i was very aware of that and treated my phone as if it was made of gold while i was there but i was worried about the same thing. i can't say it's a great idea.
    02-22-09 09:59 PM
    i live in cali and live right near the beach. I've taken it many time to the beach with np at all. just don't be foolish with it.
    02-22-09 10:15 PM
    I used mine while in puerto rico, my storm did get sandy once but thankfully i didn't notice any sand getting into the cracks. However I could see it happening so keep it off the sand.
    02-22-09 10:19 PM
    Did you buy it for yourself or to pass on to your grandchildren in forty years? Cuz I gotta tell ya, it won't be worth anything in two years, never mind forty. If you feel like using it at the beach, by all means use it! Don't drop it in the water and if a stiff wind starts blowing sand, put it back in you pocket. Sheesh, it's just a phone!
    02-22-09 10:50 PM
    Yeah. It got messed up. Use a baggie. I still have some sand in mine.

02-23-09 12:02 AM
    I'm goin to Daytona in about 2 weeks and plan on using the zip lock bag....i'll have my back pack on the beach with me and it'll be in there as well and wont be touching the sand....i'll just have to be careful
    02-23-09 12:06 AM
    yeah, cant you keep it in the ziploc the whole time and use it thru the plastic? if it works thru the protective screen cover it should work thru a ziploc bag
    02-23-09 12:30 AM
    Yeah, if a ziploc bag keeps it as functional as everyone is saying, just go with that. No use in risking it, unless you have insurance. Then, by all means, go for it, haha.
    02-23-09 12:40 AM
    Oh OH! Wrap it in saran wrap like was suggested shortly after launch!

Actually....i may do that
    02-23-09 12:45 AM
    Lol @ putting a phone inside a ziplock bag

02-23-09 01:00 AM
    I live on the Oregon coast and take my Storm to the beach at least 3 times a week. I keep it in the case offered on Verizons website and have had no problems.

02-23-09 01:35 AM
    I live on the Oregon coast and take my Storm to the beach at least 3 times a week. I keep it in the case offered on Verizons website and have had no problems.

lol im from oregon. and udont gotta worry about sand as its always raining so the wet sand cant really get into your phone lol
    02-23-09 01:54 AM
    What with the sand and the wind and the rain and the fear the folks @ziplock should start coming out with theme baggies.
    02-23-09 02:17 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD