...speed with the .85? Mine seems to be working signifcantly faster. I am not imagining this.

Also, still looking for a way to lock the phone in portrait so it doesn't come out of my pocket in landscape when trying to answer a call. Of all the things I've heard complained about, this is the only one that's going to put me in a straight jacket.
    12-30-08 11:34 AM
    Internet performance has been faster for me as well after .85. I'm on my 36 hrs post upgrade...Just few tolerable issues like some of you said that I noticed:
    -it goes in landscape mode when i lay it on the desk. its almost like its disoriented when it is laid down...
    -power down doesnt seem to really power down (it acts more like a pc goes into sleep mode)
    -if i use the lock button to lock the bb, i have to use the button to initiate the unlock...tapping/pressing on anything else will result in message saying that: "screen is locked. press the lock button to unlock"
    Last edited by nvmystorm; 12-30-08 at 12:42 PM.
    12-30-08 12:27 PM
    Internet performance has been faster for me as well after .85. I'm on my 36 hrs post upgrade...Just few tolerable issues like some of you said that I noticed:
    -it goes in landscape mode when i lay it on the desk. its almost like its disoriented when it is laid down...
    -power down doesnt seem to really power down (it acts more like a pc goes into sleep mode)
    -if i use the lock button to lock the bb, i have to use the button to initiate the unlock...tapping/pressing on anything else will result in message saying that: "screen is locked. press the lock button to unlock"
    This is common to all BB's. These are not issues.

The landscape mode on a desk and when coming out of my pocket drives me nuts as well.
    12-30-08 12:52 PM

point 1: i doubt you're laying the phone down flat the whole way down, if you tilt it, its going to rotate the screen.

point 2: blackberries dont really shut down. ever. curves dont, bolds dont, pearls dont. as soon as you put the battery in the thing will start booting (you know its been completely off by the fact that it takes upwards of 5 minutes for some blackberries to fully boot). when you power them down, it puts the OS to sleep, disables most of the buttons, and disables the radio (in some cases). basically using next to nothing on battery. Its the nature of blackberries and probably will be for a long time to come. its not a bug, thats on purpose so you're not waiting forever when you hit your power button to turn it "on."

point 3: uhm, the device is locked. you know this because you JUST locked it. you want something other than the "unlock" key to... unlock... it???
    12-30-08 12:55 PM
    I can't say that I have noticed snug difference in internet performance. I a still trying to see the difference between the various internet speeds I am in Atlanta and I do not believe we get the rev a version

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 07:53 AM
    just did my .85 upgrade an I can immediately tell the difference in internet speeds...
    01-01-09 11:22 PM
    the fastest internet speed ive encountered on this phone was with .65 OS. all the later updates have been a bit slower but i guess thats why the battery life has improved since.
    01-02-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD