View Poll Results: How good is Blackberry STORM? out of 10 (tens highes, 1s lowest)

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 20.00%

2 40.00%

2 40.00%

0 0%
    Hey Has anyone got a Blackberry storm? and How would you rate it out of ten? whats good about it? and whats not good? I have a curve 8310 and have had it replaced more times than i care to count, reoccuring problems :
    1. Scroll button falls out breaks or stops working
    2. phone has some kind of stroke, only one side works
    3. turn self off (takes 20 minutes to start back up) then turns on for 30 seconds then back of for 20 minutes (repeats for days)

And the Vodafone are utterly useless wth Blackberrys, could anyone recommend another phone provider fro a blackberry storm.

Dont get me wrong i could live without my blackberry and my useage is shocking for someone whos 19!

Please help!! i want a Storm but dont want the hassle ive had with the Curve 8310.
    04-23-09 06:12 AM
    You're better off asking this in the Storm section! I'd lend an opinion on it but all the Storm Troopers wouldn't like me too well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 06:26 AM
    go on over to the iStorm forum, and don't worry, they won't eat you for lunch or anything.

LOL@ storm troopers
    04-23-09 06:34 AM
    I have a storm but I'll be the first to admit it has as much to do YOU as the device itsself.

Do you type by "touch"? As in type without looking at the device? IF so the storm is not for you!

There is a "learning curve" for the device (so I'm told . I came froma plam treo 700w so I was learning the storm & BlackBerry style at teh same time)

Are Do you need the screen realestate? I've taken to watching Movies & TV episodes on my phone at lunch. so the larget screen has been a godsend!

DO you like to "tinker" with your device? Most of the peopel int he forums who seem happy with their storms also seem to be the type who enjoy Updatying tio leaked OSes & playing around with things.

Are there any Apps on your current BlackBerry you can't live without? You may want to make sure they are Storm compatible before a switch.
    04-23-09 08:20 AM
    LOL at your phone having a stroke. That's hilarious.

I gave the Storm a 9. I love mine, but the lag when typing on websites like Crackberry bothers me, and I had to have it replaced once because the send and end buttons were coming loose. However, it was a warranty replacement and I just walked into a Verizon store and they swapped it right then and there without any problem, so that's why that doesn't drop the score much.

All of Devlyn's assessments are great. Re: screen real estate, this baby is a godsend when it comes to waiting in airports, traveling, etc.
    04-23-09 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD