I know I've been doing some research into this with no success, but I am trying to get my storm to ring MORE THAN ONCE when receiving a call. I know some have tried extended ring tones that replay themselves. I would like to consider this the backup idea.

Anyone have the magic answer?
    02-24-09 08:17 PM
    I know I've been doing some research into this with no success, but I am trying to get my storm to ring MORE THAN ONCE when receiving a call. I know some have tried extended ring tones that replay themselves. I would like to consider this the backup idea.

I'd like to know that too.
    02-24-09 08:28 PM
    What do you mean? You are saying your only hear 1 ring on your storm when a call comes in and then it goes silent? That's not the case for me and I doubt it is for you either.
    02-24-09 08:30 PM
    Do you mean 2 different ring tones? I'm not 100% on what you're asking here...
    02-24-09 08:30 PM
    It's not your ringtone, it's the set time it takes until the call is forwarded to your VM.
    02-24-09 08:32 PM
    hi js - ok if i understand wat your saying, your phone doesnt ring long enuff b4 you can p/u...heres wat i did, called vzw and asked them to change the setting to extend the ring time-i think it can go to 35-38-40 secs. one of those. does that ans your quest?
    Not sure whats going on with your phone. I downloaded a ringtone and it replays until I silence it or the caller hangs up
    maybe 1 ring for a SMS, or email ? I was wondering about that...on my curve I could configure 3 rings on a SMS or email...only 1 on storm though.

Phone rings multiple times...
    02-24-09 08:33 PM
    I haven't let it ring that long, but I simply select one of the songs that I have on my memory card. It should play the whole song, and if I don't pick up in time I would imagine that it would go to voicemail before replaying.
    02-24-09 08:35 PM

What he is asking (and I have the same thing) is that no matter what ringtone you have set, it wouldn't repeat that ringtone until the voicemail. Mine just would go straight to voicemail after the first ringtone.
    02-24-09 09:10 PM
    This is network controlled as to how long it takes to go to voicemail... Unlike a home phone, you don't have your own answering machine for your cell phone, it's all over the network.

It gets technical... I know my phone currently vibrates then rings and stopping it from vibrating and then setting a longer ringtone was the best I could do.
    02-24-09 09:15 PM
    This is why I use the full song/mp3 as my ringtone, it keeps on playing until I pickup or it goes to vm. To me this was a benefit of the storm over my old phone, I always hated having to strip down a song to make it into a ring tone so now I just let it play the whole thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 10:18 PM
    is there any way to adjust the ring time span besides calling a verizon rep? We used to be able to select how many rings before vm would turn on but I can't find that in my voice mail features anymore.
    02-24-09 10:53 PM
    get the buzzme or buzz me app, its free, better than vibe and ring
    02-25-09 01:02 AM
    just call Verizon as the cutie above said...I had them extend mine but not for that reason. I'm always fumbling for the phone in my pocket or somewhere and 4 rings wasnt cutting it. They extended the time and now it rings like 6 or 7 before VM
    02-25-09 01:35 AM
    VZW has pulled the ability to change the number of rings from the tech reps and the network people now control it and VZW is saying that won't extend it. I had the problem, too, that it didn't ring long enough to answer. I went around with them on this a bit and while they said they couldn't do anything, it does seem a little better (I timed it took 22 seconds from ring to forward to voice mail which was too fast to answer with my Moto H710 BT headset. They would hear it ring 6 times - 30 seconds at their end while I heard 4 rings and 22 sec so they claimed it rang 30 seconds. I pointed out that I'd have to be a psychic to know the phone was ringing for the first 2 rings.

After a long of back and forth, it does seem better now but I'll warn you that you'll get a lot of grief from them on this.
    02-25-09 03:51 AM
    The problem with the current situation on the Storm is that your ringtone will only play once, so you need to make sure that it is longer than 4 seconds. Many of the ringtones you purchase are that short. Your only other alternative if you want some funky tone ringtone is to concatenate several copies of the short ringtone together into something longer. You only get one play per call of whatever ringtone you have specified. It took me awhile to figure that out, but you can work around it...
    02-25-09 07:23 AM
    I just showed someone at work this little gem.....go to your sound profiles, click on phone, and look at your ringer....I bet you have an alert selected as the ringer....scroll down and select a ringer for a ringer, and it will ring forever until it drops to voicemail.....
    02-25-09 08:56 AM
    I was wondering about the SMS/MMS message REMINDER. When I get a message, its tone only goes off once. Is there a way to also make it so that it vibrates/rings every 10 minutes or so till its opened?
    02-25-09 09:20 AM
    I ended up downloading a 30+ sec ring tone from this site. 30 sec is pretty much all I need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 10:20 AM
    I know what you mean about ringing only once. I have the ClassicPhone Ringtone as my default phone sound, but it will play once, and then nothing. On my curve there was an option to play a number of times, it seems the Storm lacks this feature.

I think RIM needs to completly overhaul the profiles settings on this phone. First we are unable to edit the preset profiles (except normal) and custom tones will override the default profile, and now this! This was a problem on .75 and now I'm using .109.

RIM had it right on previous models, but hasn't on this one...yet
    02-25-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD