Looks like a cool app, but I can't seem to get my GPS to locate my current position. It stays on the default location of Boston, MA.

Anyone have any ideas?
    04-04-09 06:33 PM
    Works for me. Takes some time.
    04-04-09 06:35 PM
    you mean the GPS recognition of my currrent location takes some time?
    04-04-09 06:38 PM
    pretty sweet app. i got the cheapest gas i could today because of it. ill like it more when the movies section becomes available. i just put in my location manually. i dont like having my gps on.
    04-04-09 06:41 PM
    Looks like a cool app, but I can't seem to get my GPS to locate my current position. It stays on the default location of Boston, MA.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Boston should always be the default location
    04-04-09 06:43 PM
    pretty sweet app. i got the cheapest gas i could today because of it. ill like it more when the movies section becomes available. i just put in my location manually. i dont like having my gps on.
    Nikolai - I couldn't find a way to bring up the keyboard or anywhere else to load my current location manually. How did you do it?
    04-04-09 06:47 PM
    I've been using the where app for a while and have noticed that with the latest release it seems to take longer to locate me. When I was using the previous version it only took 3 seconds at most to find my location.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 07:46 PM
    Nikolai - I couldn't find a way to bring up the keyboard or anywhere else to load my current location manually. How did you do it?
    To change your location manually, press the bb key, the Set my Location and finally Set My Location Manually.

04-04-09 07:47 PM
    Man o man, I've been trying every which way to get it to accept my location, even when done manually. I noticed that once I enter my address, it won't allow a "save" option via the BB button, and when I hit the "enter" key, it send me to a "Permissions: Where_9500" page where the connections and Location Data are both set to "DENY" and it won't let me change it. I'm now assuming this may be the problem.

Anyone else have any experience with this?
    04-05-09 11:46 AM
    Downloaded this App and quickly deleted it because it was no good for Canada and the GPS also would not locate
    04-05-09 12:07 PM
    Boston should always be the default location
    At least for baseball

04-05-09 12:34 PM
    also it eats your batt since its always on.
    04-05-09 12:44 PM
    It is not always on or open. Make sure to close within the app.
    04-05-09 01:29 PM
    Can someone explain how to use the navigation part of the where app? For example, when I find a location on yelp, I can't seem to get directions from my location. When I click navigate with GPS, it shows me the area around the location I am searching for, but I still don't really know how to get there if I don't recognize those streets. Too bad you can't sync it with google maps like Poynt can. I don't use Poynt though because you can search through google maps itself, and I can get movie times more fast through the browser or more detailed through viigo.
    04-05-09 02:33 PM
    I like this app, but it needs to make some improvements to address the problems everyone is mentioning. I have to be outside for the GPS to find my position. I don't think it can locate by cell towers if it can't get a GPS fix.
    04-05-09 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD