So i was wondering if anyone has spoken to BB to know when the new official OS will be available?

If not, do you think they would tell us if we call? or close to when
    01-22-09 11:04 PM
    NO, NO, NO, and NO NO NO.
    01-22-09 11:18 PM
    No, but just got off the phone with verizon customer service. "Eqipment enhancements for the storm are scheduled for mid February", according to them.

Translated : Nobody that can say anything knows.
    01-22-09 11:20 PM
    RIM has no say when an OS is released. It's wholly up to VZW, Vodafone, Bell etc.
    01-22-09 11:20 PM
    So i was wondering if anyone has spoken to BB to know when the new official OS will be available?

If not, do you think they would tell us if we call? or close to when

I think we just need to make the sticky titled: The next official update....

With the text: will come out when the carrier decides to put it out. No threads asking this or it will be deleted!

What is this like the 10th one today?
    01-22-09 11:27 PM
    Cool thanks for the info, i didnt know that.
    I guess i'll call them and see what they say.

RIM has no say when an OS is released. It's wholly up to VZW, Vodafone, Bell etc.
    01-22-09 11:34 PM
    I did a search and didnt find anything.
    I do apologize if my thread frustrates u, but some of us dont spend ALL DAY on this site.

I think we just need to make the sticky titled: The next official update....

With the text: will come out when the carrier decides to put it out. No threads asking this or it will be deleted!

What is this like the 10th one today?
    01-22-09 11:36 PM
    Just be patient if there is a leaked or official OS upgrade it will be plastered all over CB. Guaranteed we will know about it. Since I've owned my Storm, and it has never failed.
    01-22-09 11:36 PM
    The Duke Nukem Forever response: 'It'll be out when it's out'.
    01-22-09 11:40 PM
    I did a search and didnt find anything.
    I do apologize if my thread frustrates u, but some of us dont spend ALL DAY on this site.
    Did you really search? I hate to "flame" people, but sometimes the feeling I get on this site is similar to when everyone gets in your way if you're trying to get somewhere. Anyway, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt; I'll give you a few search tips my friend.

1. You want to hit that button up there that says "Search".
    2. Assuming you want info relevent to the Storm, click advanced

This'll take you to a screen like this:

Here I have highlighted the areas you want to pay attention to. I used your thread topic to demonstrate.

So when you plug in the words "When next official verizon update", and select only the 9530 forums a screen like this pops up:

Here, I've highlighted six threads so far which would more than likely address your concern. If they do not address your concern, then they would probably be an appropriate place to ask that question.

Sorry for being grouchy. To be honest, I just wish people would give the search button a chance -- I think it feels abandoned sometimes and needs to be taken advantage of. I'm sure it wonders why the "new thread" button is so popular!! Sorry if this offends you, it really isn't a personal attack.
    01-23-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD