Theyve already compared it to the iphone, but was curious if they've done it for the HTC Touch and the G1
    11-19-08 02:23 PM
    I am new to this forum and also new to the Blackberry. I currently use a Samsung i760 on the Verizon network. I was not happy with the device so I test drove a Curve for a month. I was sold on the BB but I saw the Storm on the horizon and decided to wait. I have not touched one yet but I have watched all of the Storm videos and read all of the reviews. I noticed in some of the user videos that it looked like scrolling and selecting were giving the new users some problems. I am hoping that the scrolling problems I detect are because the user doesn't have more than a half screen of items.

I played with a friends G1 for about 20 min. today and I must say I was impressed. The scrolling worked perfectly and the screen did not accidently select an entry because you were slowing down the speed of the scroll. There wasn't much screen feedback but there was enough to let you know that you had pressed a button. He had about 200 contacts entered so you could really get a feel for how the scrolling was going to work. Scrolling on the i760, using 3rd party software doesn't come close to the G1. One thing I loved about the curve was the roller ball. It is so much better than the PocketPC D-Pad. I fear that I will miss the ball on the Storm. The G1 has a ball and it works great and integrates perfeclty with the OS and touch screen. The keyboard was nice but not exceptional and the device is very plain. One thing I found nice was the way the navigation area of the phone turned up slightly. I noticed right away that the upturn helped balance the phone and this balance really makes it easy to use as a one handed device.

Those are my impressions and I hope they help.

Charles
    11-19-08 03:25 PM
    Thank you ALOT
    11-20-08 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD