I plan on going to the store to ask for a replacement because 1/4th of my screen doesn't really click anymore.

Has anyone been able to walk into a Verizon Store and have their Storm replaced right then (assuming they are in stock) or do they always have to order a replacement?
    12-15-08 10:17 PM
    Im guessing you have to order them.
    12-15-08 10:38 PM
    do you have to give them your phone right then or do they order it and you come back into the store to exchange when it arrives?
    12-15-08 10:42 PM
    See the other thread you started for my response to your first question. In response to your second question, they sent me one by FEDEX and I have to ship the broken one back tomorrow.
    12-15-08 10:44 PM
    You have 10 days to ship back the old one and Verizon provides you a prepaid label so it costs you nothing.
    12-15-08 11:13 PM
    i would like to walk into a store and buy my first one.
    12-15-08 11:16 PM
    This is why I bought mine from Best Buy, yes a little more expensive, but more than worth it!

Best Buy offers a protection plan that costs 10 dollars a month, and Verizon offers one for 5 dollars a month.

The difference is every time your phone decides to take a S*@t on you and you have to take it back to Verizon, it's 125 dollars, every time.

Best Buy its free!

I'm on my third Storm, believe it or not my first two had defective screens!!

What bad luck...

They were both replaced for free!
    12-15-08 11:16 PM
    you cant make replacements in store. Not with the curve, the WE, or the storm. Gotta do it thru mail.
    12-15-08 11:27 PM
    This is why I bought mine from Best Buy, yes a little more expensive, but more than worth it!

Best Buy offers a protection plan that costs 10 dollars a month, and Verizon offers one for 5 dollars a month.

The difference is every time your phone decides to take a S*@t on you and you have to take it back to Verizon, it's 125 dollars, every time.

Best Buy its free!

What bad luck...

what are you talking about? If i buy a brand new storm and its defective, im not paying a dime for a replacement, regardless of where it was purchased.
    12-15-08 11:31 PM
    what are you talking about? If i buy a brand new storm and its defective, im not paying a dime for a replacement, regardless of where it was purchased.
    Lol, exactly. This is what's known as a 30 day exchange.
    12-15-08 11:40 PM
    and verizon's deductible is $50, not $125 i was on the best buy plan but realized it was a rip off and changed to verizon, as you are paying $4 more per month, meaning almost $100 over the two years, and that is the same price as paying the deductible twice. so if you don't break the phone, you save... and verizon covers lost/stolen
    12-15-08 11:43 PM
    the deductible is for insurance only. if the phone breaks and you didnt smash it or drop it in water, they give you a new one for free under warranty.
    12-16-08 12:00 AM
    bought mine at best buy...had problems with the screen and went back to the store and exchanged it on the spot...
    12-16-08 12:03 AM
    Lol, exactly. This is what's known as a 30 day exchange.
    ...it's known as 1 year manufacturer warranty...
    12-16-08 12:07 AM
    i had to ORDER a replacement phone for my mom. haven't even received a shipment conformation yet on that one.
    12-16-08 12:10 AM

Best Buy its free!

What bad luck...

That's not true at all. If it's within the first year of purchase and its a manufacturer defect i.e. not physical/water damage, then it will be replaced free. Best buy's is just more expensive, and you dont get the customer service of verizon.
    12-16-08 12:13 AM
    Are you guys getting brand-new blackberry replacements?
    I had a defect with the Storm's screen so I went to a VZ store, this girl first took a look at it and then told me to call the verizon customer service to get it replaced. I called the number and they said they're sending a new one out. So today I finally got it and also sent out the one I had, but the Blackberry I received is obviously NOT new and looks like it's been remanufactured - it took it around 4 hours to get fully charged and also it has weird multicolor lights showing through where the physical buttons are.
    SO I was just wondering has everyone been getting refurbished blackberries too or its just me? I think I'm entitled to a new product since I've waited around 2 weeks and had the blackberry for only 2 days before reporting the problem.
    12-16-08 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD