I know this issued has come up in other threads, but I thought it deserved its own.

I just installed the program, and it works fine. However, it is severely slowing down my Storm, and if I can't figure out a way to close it, it's coming off tonight. Pity, because I would use it quite frequently. I just did a battery pull and it was running when the reboot finished! Arg!
    01-29-09 09:25 AM
    It doesn't close - it remains open. Not sure why though...
    01-29-09 09:56 AM
    epocrates wouldnt allow me to scroll or go through the menus for the drugs on my storm, dont know why. it doesnt close because it needs to update, try going into options and turning off automatic updates and see if that works. it worked on my 8703. couldnt wait for an appropriate storm version so i bought skyscape constellation and it works great with or without reception, check it out.
    01-29-09 12:47 PM
    Try this. When you are in epocrates, bring up the keyboard then press the shift key and the letter Q. This works for Mobipocket. When ever bb is restarted it will start back up, so you have to remember to close it again.
    01-29-09 01:16 PM
    epocrates wouldnt allow me to scroll or go through the menus for the drugs on my storm, dont know why. it doesnt close because it needs to update, try going into options and turning off automatic updates and see if that works. it worked on my 8703. couldnt wait for an appropriate storm version so i bought skyscape constellation and it works great with or without reception, check it out.
    I don't have Autoupdate checked and it is still always open.

Try this. When you are in epocrates, bring up the keyboard then press the shift key and the letter Q. This works for Mobipocket. When ever bb is restarted it will start back up, so you have to remember to close it again.
    Tried this (very nice of Mobipocket). All it does is type a "Q" in the search bar. Handy to look up drugs starting with "Q" but not to close the app. Still searching...
    01-29-09 06:26 PM
    can anyone post or email me some pictures of the Epocrates on the Storm? Thanks
    01-29-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD