isn't the screen scratch proof?
    No, it is not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 05:48 PM
    The glass screen is relatively scratch resistant. You can scratch glass with sand, a diamond ring or anything harder than glass.
    02-19-09 05:59 PM
    Anyone try cutting one of the screen protectors sold at the apple store for the iPhone and using it on the storm?

02-19-09 06:49 PM
    I got the Verizon 3 pk and it worked absolutely perfect 3 times(I returned 2 and 3rd time was the charm) plus Verizon replaced my 3pk for free since i returned the phones with the sp's on them.

My Trick is as follows has worked perfect not 1 bubble to date.

Requried:
    1 Microfiber clothe(comes with screen protector)
    3 index cards, or playing care must be willing to cut it
    1 Screen protector
    1 Bathroom that can get steamy
    Scotch Tape

Method:
    1) Cut index cards to fit in the gaps between your screen and phone(storm owners you know what gap)
    2) Once you have them set just right put a piece of tape on the corners to hold the shape.
    3) Start Steaming you bathroom (turn water to hot clog any vents with towels)
    4) Pull battery out
    5) Start using microfiber to clean you screen til it is perfectly shiny
    6) Once your satisfied with the cleanliness of the screen go into the steamy room and start cleaning again.
    7) Place the index cards in the gaps to make an edge on edge of you screen
    8) Apply the screen protector in the gaps. May take a couple tries but should be ok as long as its steamy.
    9) smooth out edges with a credit card or whatever.
    10) Peel off the second sticky part of the protector
    11) Admire a PERFECT (If done correctly) and undetectable sp

This works for great for me. Honestly its so perfect the only way you can tell that there's a screen protector is the fact that the Screen Protector has ever so slightly more round corners than the screen. Other than that its undetectable.

PM if you have any questions
    Last edited by tbrakef; 02-19-09 at 06:55 PM.
    02-19-09 06:53 PM
    The ones I sell for verizon are pre cut and work great.....make sure to use the cloth that comes with them

02-19-09 07:05 PM
    I use Invisi Shield. It had a couple of bubbles, but after a couple days in completely dried, and now. NO BUBBLES!!
    02-19-09 07:07 PM
    I have a Javo screen, it is very nice.
    02-19-09 09:41 PM
    i have the zagg invisible shield. it works perfectly and i recommend it to anyone. i have literally tried to scrach it with a knife and could not. (i know not to smart). worst thing that happens is little grooves show up that slowly disappear after a few seconds.
    02-19-09 10:53 PM
    Has anyone actually gotten a perfect screen protector on there phone without the damn bubbles it's impossible!

Heres a look at my failed attempt

Post your failed attempts with pictures
    Looks like you got fingerprints on the insde part of the corners. I used scotch tape on oppisite sides of the corners so I have a good handle on the screen protector and slowly work from one side to the other. Make sure your screen is clean . You can also use scotch tape to pick up any dust or debris on the screen after cleaning with a microfiber cloth.
    02-19-09 11:28 PM
    9.99. You need to spend more money and get the discount Seriously though, this has been the easiest phone I've ever put a screen protector on. Not so much as a piece of lint using the Verizon protectors.

first try, still on the first VZW screen protector, not bad for $9.99
    02-19-09 11:44 PM
    I put the Invisi Shield on my storm. I liked the feel of it on my phone, but I couldn't stand it on my screen. It made it too hard for me to type because my fingers wouldn't slide very well with it. Screen is now naked
    Before the IS I had bought a couple from cnn.cn They applied very well, but nothing compares to the responsiveness of the screen with nothing on
    02-20-09 12:01 AM
    Just for fun bring a pocket knife into your local VZW store and try to scratch the screen.
    WTF? Die.

You can scratch glass with sand...
    I live in a desert. Shoving the thing in my Camelback, then hitting the mountain on my bike's a recipe for disaster. I can't imagine my keys and the sand being pressed up against that poor screen.

I put the Invisi Shield on my storm. It made it too hard for me to type because my fingers wouldn't slide very well with it.
    I wonder how true this is if at all w/ the Phantomskins or Ghost Armor. I've seen the IA and think the orange peel just kills them. Neither the GA or PS seem to suffer from this issue, so maybe they won't feel as wonky.
    02-20-09 12:54 AM
    i tossed my first one cuz it had so many bubbles. I got my second without any and haven't gotten a scratch on it in 2 months well worth the 9.99 for 3.
    02-20-09 12:58 AM
    Anyone try cutting one of the screen protectors sold at the apple store for the iPhone and using it on the storm?

Yes, in fact I use Power Support Anti Glare Film for iPod touch (2nd Gen.) - Apple Store (U.S.) cut down to size. I prefer this over other screen protectors because its matte surface eliminates fingerprints.
    02-20-09 01:12 AM
    got mine from ebay, it came from china put it on about 6weeks ago no bubbles and i sometimes think its not even on there, all for less than $3. perfect!
    02-20-09 05:50 AM
    I put ghost armor on 2 different forms and they both ended up being great. It doesn't effect the usage of elthe screen at all. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

02-20-09 06:05 AM
    Words cant explain how shocked I am no one mentioned Clairvue. They go on easy, really using static cling more than stickem, and they last forever. No bubbles, EVER! Cheap! 10 bucks! I got one for my Storm and one for my wifes G1.

Wow, here you go. BTW Verizon screen protectors suck eggs IMO.

Blackberry 9500 9530 Storm Screen Protector from Clarivue
    02-20-09 06:14 AM
    ...I ordered mine over the phone and when it showed up i pulled the :menu: sticker off of the screen and as I inspected the screen before installing a protector I saw that there was already one installed! Super stoked!
    02-20-09 06:41 AM
    Verizon Protector done perfectly. Put it on immediately after taking off the film that comes on the phone. Trick is if you see lint, wrap a piece of tape around your fingers and use it to take the lint off of the protector. This way you dont get fingerprints, etc... on the screen, which is annoying
    02-20-09 06:44 AM
    Words cant explain how shocked I am no one mentioned Clairvue. They go on easy, really using static cling more than stickem, and they last forever. No bubbles, EVER! Cheap! 10 bucks! I got one for my Storm and one for my wifes G1.

Wow, here you go. BTW Verizon screen protectors suck eggs IMO.

Blackberry 9500 9530 Storm Screen Protector from Clarivue

Thank you for this link!!

I've searched for something like this and couldn't find it.

and Verizon screen protectors do SUCK!
    02-20-09 07:09 AM
    i got a 3 pack off ebay on the cheap. Came with cleaning cloths, so i cleaned the screen really well and took my time...worked all the bubbles out with a credit card...I'm living bubble free with a perfect fit.
    02-20-09 07:17 AM
    Missy you will love it they are awesome. Follow the directions to a T. I tried to figure it out without directions and messed up the first one. It is easy, if you follow the directions...

The other thing is Clairvue is not sticky due to the static cling, so the screen actually feels more responsive and it glides better.
    02-20-09 07:37 AM
    He came up with the idea for his iphone and it works great on the BB Storm.
    Until you take it off.. thats gonna be a b*tch. Everytime ive ever taken comercial tint off of a car, it has always required some solvent and a razor blade..
    02-20-09 07:56 AM
    I used the VZW protector up until about 3 weeks ago, when it started peeling off. The past few days I have been using Ghost Armor, which I like fairly well, but between them I didn't use anything at all. I actually miss the way just the plain glass feels and looks, I think I may take off the GA and go back to that. During that time I had not one scratch, and the screen just looked so CRISP.
    02-20-09 09:06 AM
    Mine didn't come with one lol And no, can't figure out how to get bubbles. Mine has like 5. lol
    02-20-09 09:20 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD