Lot of people have updated. I don't know why you can't find the update because it is there. I have downloaded ota thru the phone as well as downloaded the .exe file from BlackBerry® Software Updates. I would do a battery pull and try again. Good luck.
    I did. It took a couple tries and 4.5 hours but it did finally work.
    06-01-09 10:17 PM
    It worked for me. I think it may depend on the time that you first receive your storm. Either way, they are releasing OTA "pokes" so that the server is not overloaded. They only give out a certain number of pokes so that the server does not crash from 1,000,000 people uploading .148 at once.
    06-01-09 10:24 PM
    The OTA from what verizon has said is about 11 days long. They are starting with like 0 and working their way thru numbers upward for availability. They have around 2 million phones so they are spreading the update out over a period of days thru OTA.
    You can upgrade by downloading it to your PC now with BB or Verizon site and using DM.
    06-01-09 10:26 PM
    My update was perfect and so was my gf's....I'm wondering if people interrupted the install/dl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    no that would never happen

actually im sure thats the reason allot of people have problems. They think the update has stalled and they unplug it and think they can start over.
    06-01-09 10:27 PM
    how do you find the wireless upgrade in the menu ?? i seen it before but cant find it now!!
    Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Upgrade

I did my update ota yesterday evening, all went smooth. Took about an hour to download, and 30 minutes to update. If your on beta software, it won't find the update I believe due to the vendor file not being there.
    06-01-09 10:29 PM
    The OTA from what verizon has said is about 11 days long. They are starting with like 0 and working their way thru numbers upward for availability. They have around 2 million phones so they are spreading the update out over a period of days thru OTA.
    You can upgrade by downloading it to your PC now with BB or Verizon site and using DM.
    Precisely. If you wait for the push, based on the last digit of your number is when you will get the update, starting with 0 over the next week and a half.
    06-01-09 10:31 PM
    I've been looking through forums and searching google for the last 2 hours and can't find any answers.

I have a Verizon Blackberry Storm running .75 and want to get the OS upgrade. The only PC I have is my work laptop and I cannot download software on to that so I can't run desktop manager. My personal computer is a Mac so I can't do it that way.

When I go to update the OS OTA it say's "no upgrades available".

Has anybody been able to update their OS OTA yet? Does anybody know when that option will be available? Any tips?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Suggest loading the update manager on the PC, do the update make sure it's running okay then uninstall the DM and delete all the files.

I did this tonight when I got home. EVERYTHING backed up all my apps and everything ... I didn't have to do a restore, the DM software did all that for me. Unsure why everyone is having so many issues.

So yeah, I tried doing it on the phone and am glad it didn't I would have lost A LOT of stuff. Use the PC to update.
    06-01-09 11:32 PM
    I'm a new user and having some difficulty with this update. I currently have .75. While attempting to update it says:
    "not enough available memory to store downloaded fies. Delete 21 MB of personal data from device memory and then resume download".
    My inbox and sms is nearly empty.
    Any help appreciated.
    If you install from the desktop manager this won't be the case.

I was getting the same error earlier today, emailed a BUNCH of photos to myself and it still didn't work. I read here that the DM is the way to go. Flawless installation with all contacts and applications automatically installed thru the DM software.
    06-01-09 11:35 PM
    kind of defeats the purpose of having an OTA upgrade then, no? i'm stuck because i'm a mac user...no DM for OSX and i'm having the same memory issue. has anybody figured out how to reconcile this?! i'm getting annoyed.
    06-02-09 12:25 AM
    Battery pull (w/device ON) 2 regain memory...as stated earlier.
    06-02-09 12:44 AM
    @fredalexis re missing sms/mms:

Try options > advanced options > host routing table > menu > register now which will resend service books. Then do battery pull (w/device ON).
    06-02-09 01:00 AM
    If they are releasing the OTA by last digit of phone number starting with 0, then they are still on 0 because my number ends with a 1 and no OTA update yet for me.
    Last edited by Sharkz; 06-02-09 at 01:41 AM.
    06-02-09 01:37 AM
    I could not update through OTA. I was able to get the available download, but trying to connect to server was a problem. Tried several times thoughout SUnday evening and all Monday to no avail. Finally connected to my old PC and downloaded from DM
    06-02-09 04:30 AM
    thank you... I did resend my service books and got another email from verizon but no luck.
    I still get the reminder light that I received a text/sms but can not retrieve them. Also tried to combine inboxes tosee if that would work but no go.

QUOTE=Transfigured;2707939]@fredalexis re missing sms/mms:

Try options > advanced options > host routing table > menu > register now which will resend service books. Then do battery pull (w/device ON).[/QUOTE]

06-02-09 08:34 AM
    Updated OTA this morning at 6:30 AM (local time). 20 min to download and 30 min to upgrade. No problems. Be prepared to reenter all 3rd party app setups and options including registration codes if required. That took an additional 60 min. Overall, not that bad.
    06-02-09 09:29 AM
    Updated OTA this morning at 6:30 AM (local time). 20 min to download and 30 min to upgrade. No problems. Be prepared to reenter all 3rd party app setups and options including registration codes if required. That took an additional 60 min. Overall, not that bad.
    I have downloaded the OS OTA and now I chose to "proceed w/ update" and it told me that it would take up to 2 hours to do so.

Now the screen has blacked out with no responsiveness but the LED is clinking red every now and then. Is this normal???????????????
    06-02-09 12:25 PM
    I have downloaded the OS OTA and now I chose to "proceed w/ update" and it told me that it would take up to 2 hours to do so.

Now the screen has blacked out with no responsiveness but the LED is clinking red every now and then. Is this normal???????????????
    Yes. I experienced the same and it ended with a bunch of loading and reconfiguring and everything restored when all was said and done.
    06-02-09 01:28 PM
    kind of defeats the purpose of having an OTA upgrade then, no? i'm stuck because i'm a mac user...no DM for OSX and i'm having the same memory issue. has anybody figured out how to reconcile this?! i'm getting annoyed.
    Hi fellow Mac User.

This sounds weird, I know, but delete any free apps from the Applications folder. I was told that these are taking up the "Application Memory" even when they're not running.
    It worked for me, when battery pull restarts were not.
    06-02-09 02:04 PM
    I started this thread because I was in the exact same situation as most of you that are still having issues with the OTA upgrade. FYI, my phone number ends in a 3 and I was able to download OTA last night.

I use a mac, no DM etc. ect....same situation.

What worked for me is when I went in to Options - Memory - and switched "Mass Storage Mode Support" to off.

It is alwasy set to on because again, I use Mac and do everything OTA.

Well, once I did that, I went back in to upgrade my OS OTA and sure enough, it worked no problem after that.

I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or what but if you are having a problem, give that a try, it may be worth it.....

Brian
    06-02-09 08:17 PM
    thank you... I did resend my service books and got another email from verizon but no luck.
    I still get the reminder light that I received a text/sms but can not retrieve them. Also tried to combine inboxes tosee if that would work but no go.

@fredalexis re missing sms/mms:

Try options > advanced options > host routing table > menu > register now which will resend service books. Then do battery pull (w/device ON).
    Full home screen > menu > show all 2 check if icon hidden (no option if all r displayed). Look in folders too.
    06-08-09 09:47 AM
    Updated from the .75 to .148 - Started it at 10:26 am and it finished at 10:56 am. Left it plugged in. So far so good. Seems faster. Some settings changed.
    06-08-09 10:40 AM

To any not yet updated:
    Help/? folder>applications>upgrade info. Device may do several resets. No need 2 worry/interrupt.
    06-08-09 11:17 AM
    I upgraded from .75 to .148 OTA the other day. It took a few tries though, the download said I needed to make room memory-wise for the download (deleted old texts and emails) than I was able to download successfully OTA.

Since .148 my storm unlocks itself =/
    Definitely faster though.

06-08-09 01:21 PM
    My wife and I both have storms and I did the OTA upgrade on hers and everything went fine. Me on the other hand I had the leaked .122 and I could get the OTA to work. Then I downgraded to .75 then tried it again and everything was fine. I never thought about the mass storage being turned on.... So far so good and it is running great...
    06-08-09 04:29 PM
    Got the update off the bb web page the first day, took like ten minutes, no problems, storm working like it should have from the begining.
    06-08-09 04:32 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD