I've been looking through forums and searching google for the last 2 hours and can't find any answers.

I have a Verizon Blackberry Storm running .75 and want to get the OS upgrade. The only PC I have is my work laptop and I cannot download software on to that so I can't run desktop manager. My personal computer is a Mac so I can't do it that way.

When I go to update the OS OTA it say's "no upgrades available".

Has anybody been able to update their OS OTA yet? Does anybody know when that option will be available? Any tips?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    06-01-09 07:31 PM
    I've been looking through forums and searching google for the last 2 hours and can't find any answers.

I have a Verizon Blackberry Storm running .75 and want to get the OS upgrade. The only PC I have is my work laptop and I cannot download software on to that so I can't run desktop manager. My personal computer is a Mac so I can't do it that way.

When I go to update the OS OTA it say's "no upgrades available".

Has anybody been able to update their OS OTA yet? Does anybody know when that option will be available? Any tips?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Lot of people have updated. I don't know why you can't find the update because it is there. I have downloaded ota thru the phone as well as downloaded the .exe file from BlackBerry® Software Updates. I would do a battery pull and try again. Good luck.
    06-01-09 07:37 PM
    I don't think the OTA has been pushed out to all devices yet. I don't have mine either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 07:45 PM
    Still no OTA for me.
    06-01-09 07:47 PM
    I plugged my phone into the laptop, launched Blackberry Desktop and it found the update instantly and installed it. I never downloaded any software it just started installing directly. Works better than ever. Browser is super fast.
    06-01-09 07:48 PM
    I heard you have to be on .75 to get it, but I haven't confirmed that yet. I looked last night for it and it wasn't there, but I was on .113.
    So I went ahead and downloaded the leaked .148 on here. Have had a few issues but they seem to be settling down.
    06-01-09 07:48 PM
    Got my OTA update early this afternoon. Took awhile to download, but so far, so good!
    06-01-09 07:53 PM
    I did it OTA and it took me 2 hours. But make sure you keep it plugged into a outlet. The downloading process will drain the **** out the battery.
    06-01-09 07:55 PM
    Updated mine lastnight and got it about 9:50pm. Seems the had it up a few minutes early for the OTA update. Works awsome!!!! I love my phone even more now!
    06-01-09 07:55 PM
    Yes. But I am having problems with it. Verizon can't help yet because it is so new. I will have to wait and see. Browser is faster. Still lags between phone and "pda" mode..I personally think this storm (my 3rd) has some ****ty hardware. My first storm ran much better on .75 than the third one did. I may see if I can get them to give me a new one.
    Last edited by palmberry; 06-01-09 at 08:07 PM.
    06-01-09 07:57 PM
    Lot of people have updated. I don't know why you can't find the update because it is there. I have downloaded ota thru the phone as well as downloaded the .exe file from BlackBerry® Software Updates. I would do a battery pull and try again. Good luck.
    I don't think a battery pull is the answer. I've been trying since last night and no go...
    06-01-09 08:02 PM
    Yeah I did my ota at 6 yesterday it works good. The only prob is that I have no caller id with
    Incoming calls. Wish someone could help.
    06-01-09 08:17 PM
    I updated OTA around six am. The update was successful. Now in the afternoon I did a battery pull I'm getting this message
    Uncaught Exception:
    Java.lag.nullPointerExeption

And my Sms/Mms icon has disappeared on my home screen .

Please help!

I did go into options and separated email and sms/mms inboxes as was suggested when I did a search on this topic.

Thanks to all.

06-01-09 08:28 PM
    My update was perfect and so was my gf's....I'm wondering if people interrupted the install/dl

06-01-09 08:29 PM
    Mine at 1st didnt work. i read somewhere it had to be .75 or something for it to update but it didnt make since to me. Anyways i downgraded to .75 did a battery pull and click for OTA updated and it was there and it preformed the function.
    06-01-09 08:31 PM
    I'm a new user and having some difficulty with this update. I currently have .75. While attempting to update it says:
    "not enough available memory to store downloaded fies. Delete 21 MB of personal data from device memory and then resume download".
    My inbox and sms is nearly empty.
    Any help appreciated.
    06-01-09 08:35 PM
    I performed 2 ota updates today both were SLOW but successful

06-01-09 08:50 PM
    I downloaded mine last night and installed it today. No problems at all and it only took about 37 minutes. I didn't lose anything and my settings all stayed the way I had them except for QuickLaunch which I had to reset. Everything is working fine but quicker. I never updated to any of the leaks (I was chicken and have a crappy internet connection where I live).
    06-01-09 08:50 PM
    Its definately there on Verizon's website, I saw it for myself.. If you cant find it, download the leaked .148 version on the forums here... same exact files and all...that is what Im using and all is working well at the moment.
    06-01-09 08:54 PM
    So I finally was able to get my OS to update OTA......

What I did was disable mass storage mode under opions-memory...

After doing that I went and attempted an update and wallah, it worked!!

I'm not sure if I just got lucky or what but I can say after doing that, it worked perfectly and only took about 10 minutes to update.

I hope this helps somebody out there, let me know if it works for you.
    06-01-09 08:56 PM
    I checked exactly at 3pm and didn't have any upgrades available then I heard a weird alert tone go off I looked and I had a upgrade icon at exactly 320pm I was happy as **** I took me about 2hrs to finally upgrade thru ota I had to erase some data first but the phone is running smooth as **** I'm satisfied

06-01-09 08:59 PM
    how do you find the wireless upgrade in the menu ?? i seen it before but cant find it now!!
    06-01-09 09:18 PM
    OK, I just got off the phone with VZN. I have two storms on my account. My personal phone said I had the upgrade yesterday via OTA when I checked around 8pm so I proceeded to downloade. I had to cancel and restart it THREE times as it would get no further than 47% and then just crap out. It took a loooong time to finish but it's now official on my phone.....now....the other one is saying no updates available when we tried to do the same thing tonight. VZN rep told me the OTA was not really available till Wednesday the 3rd and those of us who were able to get it wirelessly already were "lucky". Now I'm hoping my update quality is what it should be cause honesly I don't see a big difference other than 2 or 3 fixes. My speed seems no faster. Device doesn't seem any more solid than it was. Maybe I was one of those who had a .75 running with minimal issues and the 148 doesn't show significant improvement. Anyhow, just thought I would share the OTA info for those who are still not able to get it. SHOULD be there on Wednesday.
    06-01-09 09:24 PM
    My wife and I downloaded ours last night, OTA. Slow and both had error messages not enough memory or something like that, did a batt pull and all is well, day one on new OS .148 from original OS .75.
    06-01-09 09:33 PM
    I'm a new user and having some difficulty with this update. I currently have .75. While attempting to update it says:
    "not enough available memory to store downloaded fies. Delete 21 MB of personal data from device memory and then resume download".
    My inbox and sms is nearly empty.
    Any help appreciated.
    I have read on the forums just to do a battery pull or two and that should help. It didn't want me to upgrade the first time either and after some Crackberry research that's what I found to work. Good luck!
    06-01-09 09:52 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD