I have been on .85 for 3 or 4 days. The whole thing (.75/,85) is mediocre at best. There are tons of bugs, too numerous to list. Some are obvious. Speed is the biggest issue. I am starting to wonder if they underpowered this device. If the fixes were easy, they would have done them. RIM knows it is slow, I am starting to think it will never be what everyone is hoping. It might be more stable....but. Thoughts?
    01-02-09 10:37 AM
    huh.... yeah... this device is just over a month old. Will have to wait it out for more software updates it address issues like speed and such altho I have found, as others have, that 85 is pretty speedy.

What is your gripe exactly? Are you wondering if the hardware is just limited to begin with bc I really think the software on it now doesnt come close to taking advantage of the hardware capabilities.

Just my thoughts on it...
    01-02-09 10:51 AM
    i think it will be six months before the device is truly functioning close to 100%
    01-02-09 12:55 PM
    I say 8 months myself. We should start a pool :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 01:05 PM
    I think it's just a case of the carriers shoving it out the door before it was really ready. If you compare .83 to .65, there's an almost night and day difference in performance. And like I've been saying elsewhere, the bugs people complain about are really creature comforts not quite being "there" yet. The OS itself is pretty solid, and there really aren't any showstopper level bugs -- though admittedly the verizon screen of death is just shy of a showstopper -- that absolutely prevent you from doing most things with your phone. It's just that the UI is a little less than responsive at times and things like the camera are a bit sluggish as well. Annoying to be sure, but that's all it is. There seems to have been a steady stream of updates flowing out of RIM as well which is good. I choose to view it positively, in that RIM is taking care of the people who bought their device, even though they're really under no obligation to do so.

You long time BB users have become spoiled, and forgotten just how great a thing you have going for you. I think a lot of us coming from the land of feature phones tend to be a bit more forgiving and patient. Just one example is the LG Dare, where it took LG like 6 months to finally come out with a firmware update, and it didn't even fix half the things the .75 update did. Last time I checked in on the Dare forum over at HoFo, the general consensus was that BT was still largely unusable with that phone, even after the update. The number of apps released for the Storm in about 2 months is greater than the total number of apps released for the Dare to date AFAIK.

As my old high school French teacher liked to say: Calm toi! It's improving little by little, but there's only so much RIM can do with the resources it has available to it. It's developers are people too, and they have lives outside work... Families, friends, hobbies, the works. They aren't machines that can work 24/7. You can either wait it out or you can jump ship now for something that might be "there" already, but whining about things here doesn't really change anything.
    01-02-09 03:45 PM
    I hear "whining", but not in the first post...
    01-02-09 05:46 PM
    I will be one of the people that's willing to wait it out,I believe in the potential the storm has and I know that it hasn't been realized yet,but I think that those of us sticking it out will be greatly rewarded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 06:15 PM
    I choose to view it positively, in that RIM is taking care of the people who bought their device, even though they're really under no obligation to do so.

What? Under no obligation to fix the device so it works well?
    01-03-09 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD