Hi there Family, I need your opinion; My battery life has gone south. I'm not sure if it is the Hardware or My OS/Hybrid. Currently I'm running .607 with .672 Hybrid. I get a full charge overnight. If I don't use the phone (maybe get a few emails) it will last until 8-9pm. But if I get 1 phone call my battery drops to 25%. If I get 2 calls my battery is dead. It also does this if I use a few apps (not one in particular) throughout the day. I can check the lastest news, follow a Tweet or two, read some emails and my battery will drop at least 40%. Ad a call and I'm done. So, do you all think I should get the phone replaced or try a different OS/Hybrid ???
    Thanks all.
    05-20-10 09:59 AM
    I don't know about you, but .607 was just awful for me. I would swap for .517 base hybrid. Making phone calls, without a doubt, is the biggest battery killer out there. Also, make sure you change mobile network from global to 1XEV and lower your backlight to save some battery. I average between 4-6% an hour through the day getting emails, making calls, texting, browsing, etc.

Give lyric's .517/692 hybrid a shot!
    05-20-10 10:10 AM
    I had the same experience with 607 and 517.
    05-20-10 11:08 AM
    This is one reason I stuck with .320 for as long as I did. A lot of the newer OS killed my battery when I'd be on a phone call.
    05-20-10 11:46 AM
    *228 option 2. If you suddenly see a huge change in battery life, this is the first thing I usually do. Maybe they changed the order your phone searches for towers in and it needs to be updated.

Just an idea, but it has saved me in the past.
    05-20-10 12:51 PM
    *228 option 2. If you suddenly see a huge change in battery life, this is the first thing I usually do. Maybe they changed the order your phone searches for towers in and it needs to be updated.

Just an idea, but it has saved me in the past.
    Great advice. I always do this too, just to be sure I have the most recent PRL update. Still though, some OS versions seem to just drain the battery during phone use.
    05-20-10 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD