Ok so I have had my storm for about 3 weeks now and I realized that the hardest thing to do..or the biggest bug I see is answering the freaking thing. I am still running .75 I am not tech savy or brave enough to put a leaked OS on and I have heard plenty of rumors of a official update by end of the month. But back to what I was getting at. It is an absolute pain to answer my phone and that should be the easiest part. The acceleramotor decides to get stuck in landscape all the times. Or it will bounce from portrait to landscape like its supposed to but It does not recognize me tapping answer right away so my storm has trained me to wait a few seconds once Ive pushed answer to actually say hello. Besides that the only other problems I have seen are sluggish tendencys and sometimes takes more then one screen taps for phone to recognize im tryin to do something. All in all I love my phone but this one would be so much better if when a call came in it would stay in portrait. I mean for crying out loud you can even answer the damn thing landscape...Sorry just had to vent
    03-08-09 12:09 PM
    I know that stinks, but I have gotten used to pressing the hard phone button to answer calls. That is one of my biggest complaints!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 12:13 PM
    Ok so I have had my storm for about 3 weeks now and I realized that the hardest thing to do..or the biggest bug I see is answering the freaking thing. I am still running .75 I am not tech savy or brave enough to put a leaked OS on and I have heard plenty of rumors of a official update by end of the month. But back to what I was getting at. It is an absolute pain to answer my phone and that should be the easiest part. The acceleramotor decides to get stuck in landscape all the times. Or it will bounce from portrait to landscape like its supposed to but It does not recognize me tapping answer right away so my storm has trained me to wait a few seconds once Ive pushed answer to actually say hello. Besides that the only other problems I have seen are sluggish tendencys and sometimes takes more then one screen taps for phone to recognize im tryin to do something. All in all I love my phone but this one would be so much better if when a call came in it would stay in portrait. I mean for crying out loud you can even answer the damn thing landscape...Sorry just had to vent
    I agree that's why I just push the hard button.
    03-08-09 12:14 PM
    I agree that's why I just push the hard button.
    +1, I'm on .75 as well and find it easier just to push the hard button.
    03-08-09 12:17 PM
    Yeah that is a pain in the ****. Mine does the same thing on .109. Seems like that should be the one thing that doesn't lag. So leaked os won't solve that problem. Also upgrading to a leaked os isn't as hard as it looks. I was apprehensive at first to but I have had my storm since release and got tired of waiting and decided to take the plunge.

03-08-09 12:19 PM
    Its a lot easier to press the screen to answer on the newer os. You don't have to be a blackberry genius to load a new os. Just download and run desktop manager. And there are tons of forums to walk you through it. I would suggest running .109. I have been on it since it came out and feel its the most stable one yet.
    03-08-09 12:21 PM
    yeah i have learned to use the hard button as well but still very annoying. after 3 weeks I have realized that this phone is poised to be great but just can get together all the little things that add up
    03-08-09 12:30 PM
    I never understood why the accelerometer is active during a phone call. I mean seriously...who the heck wants to answer a call with their phone sideways? All they have to do is disable it and all the problems will be long gone. I missed so many phone calls because of this. Really annoying...
    03-08-09 12:30 PM
    This is what I do. I just hit the hard green key. I got tired of messing with it....lol
    03-08-09 12:33 PM
    I'm with ya. I just press the green button.

03-08-09 02:42 PM
    I instinctively hit the green hard button. After all that is really the main reason that it is there. And I use the red one to hand it up. It only makes sense. And I am on 4.7.0.109
    03-08-09 02:46 PM
    I'm on .99 and the answer button on the screen works fine for me.
    03-08-09 04:42 PM
    I agree, trying to press the Answer button on the screen & get it to respond is a pain & like others have said, it doesn't get better with any of the OS updates that have been leaked thus far. I've tried them all and 109 is definitely the best. It is much more stable than any of the previous releases.

Don't be intimidated by an OS update. It's a very easy process & there are instructions on the Forum that will walk you thru it. There are so many improvements with 109, that it's worth the effort to install it. I did have to install the 86 version of the mms file in order to solve the mms file forwarding problem, but that was also very easy to do.

The main problem I have now with the phone is not being able to unmute the phone during a phone call. The unmute button on the screen doesn't seem to work & I have to select unmute from the menu pulldown, but this is a minor issue. Install 109 & enjoy the improvements!
    03-08-09 05:02 PM
    i understand what you talking about this is the worse and sometimes its to late the person already hung up
    03-08-09 06:58 PM
    I have this same problem, annoying to say the least.
    03-08-09 07:26 PM
    The storm still seems buggy and I'm hoping for another OTA update. The hard key is the only way to go at this point
    03-08-09 07:28 PM
    I think my blackberry is operating okay, First it was slow but then it speeds up,
    03-08-09 07:30 PM
    i have this prob too!!! bit of a pi** take really
    03-08-09 07:33 PM
    +1, I'm on .75 as well and find it easier just to push the hard button.
    Me 2 on 75.....hard button...I know sucks.....

03-08-09 07:39 PM
    I agree with you, that's the reason why I just push the hard send key...
    03-08-09 09:14 PM
    Hard Button
    03-08-09 09:26 PM
    I know that stinks, but I have gotten used to pressing the hard phone button to answer calls. That is one of my biggest complaints!

agreed. i only use the hard green button now. I've lost too many calls by it moving from portrait to landscape, while trying to touch the on-screen answer button!
    03-08-09 09:34 PM
    Hard button for me as well.

03-08-09 10:58 PM
    OK, I know the "Answer" button on the screen doesn't work well. The "hard" key works every time. What's the big deal. To fix the problem, maybe RIM should just take the "Answer" button off the screen and then there wouldn't be a "bug" for everybody to be upset at. Answering the phone is not hard for me. I just hit the green phone button!
    03-08-09 11:21 PM
    I'm with you - the answer key is lame - the 'hard' button is the only option. What's lamer still is the standard ring tones and the 15 sec time out before diversion!! That with the answer key = heaps of missed calls!
    03-09-09 05:11 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD