Anyone else notice how you have to press harder on the outer letters (e.g. A, Z, Q) than the inner letters (T, G, H, Y)? it's like the screen is the most flexible towards the center. Once you get near the edges, it requires more pressure.
    11-21-08 08:00 AM
    that was the first thing i noticed...i have kind of gotten used to it now. but it is definitely more difficult that the center of the screen!
    11-21-08 10:25 PM
    Same here. Its very difficult and annoying. I will look at the demos in store and see if they do the same...
    11-22-08 12:14 AM
    I checked it again today at a different Verizon store and a Best Buy. They all are like that.
    11-22-08 06:13 PM
    Yeah I noticed this too. I am getting used to it, but I have been using the SureType a lot for some reason! It seems easier than the full QWERTY!
    11-22-08 07:44 PM
    I never really noticed it until I read some threads (there are several) about it. But when I test it A LOT, I notice that it is particularly difficult at the upper left corner on mine. Fortunately, the qwerty keyboard location doesn't have any issues.
    11-22-08 07:54 PM
    it is hard and it sucks but im getting used to it .
    11-22-08 07:55 PM
    Yes and no.
    I ported from Sprint and got one for me and one for my wife.
    Mine is like all of yours - difficult at the edges. My wifes is the complete opposite. I wonder if mine will break in and hers will wear out or fail. There is a tremendous difference.
    She hates the suretype though and always flips it on the side. I actually think if the phones were reversed she would not like it so it sort of worked out - I guess.
    11-22-08 08:06 PM
    You know for me, it did seem hard to press, but it was also the proximity of my fingers to the edge of the device where my palms were, so it was more awkward. Since I've been playing with it all day today, it's gotten easier and I've learned to accomodate it.
    11-22-08 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD