I just drank the punch and had the office order me a Storm from Verizon. I have had a Curve now for almost a year and have been having some issues with it.

My question is, is everyone becoming happy with their Storm since they have been getting some of the bugs worked out.

I am not sure I made the right choice and wondering if I should have waited a for the Bold to possibly come to Verizon.

Thanks for the opinions.
    01-15-09 04:22 PM
    check out the rants and raves forum...but i love mine
    01-15-09 04:35 PM
    I just drank the punch and had the office order me a Storm from Verizon. I have had a Curve now for almost a year and have been having some issues with it.

My question is, is everyone becoming happy with their Storm since they have been getting some of the bugs worked out.

I am not sure I made the right choice and wondering if I should have waited a for the Bold to possibly come to Verizon.

Thanks for the opinions.
    Love mine as well. A surefire upgrade from the Curve.
    01-15-09 05:09 PM
    I love my storm too and have owned the storm since the first day of release. I have had a few software problems but no hardware problems. On the original .65 OS, I did see some sluggishness but that was quickly corrected with .75. After installing .85 I didn't have one software problem with mine and .86 is identical but with some new improvements. Just like I have said in other threads, there is no such thing as a phone that doesn't have some bugs that don't need to be worked out after being launched.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 05:45 PM
    It is good, just don't expect it to be as good as the iPhone.
    01-15-09 05:47 PM
    It's my first Berry, so I have nothing to compare it to. Definitely the best phone I've ever owned, though.
    01-15-09 05:47 PM
    I was a skeptical guy.. I think the phones alright, never had a real click issue.. No dust, just my buggy OS (Because i'm not running an official OS)

Today, I was browsing online, And saw another article about the paper behind the battery trick. So, i figure wtf.. Why not see what it does.
    So, luckily for me first thing i came across was a "sim card, card" from at&t, so i cut it out to battery size, snugged the battery in and..

o
    m
    bejebus

Clicking feels excellent, As i don't believe there are REAL problems with the screen, it just made everything feel more realistic and one-on-one lol.
    Thanks CB but im still trading my spare storm for a curve:-P
    01-15-09 05:49 PM
    Some issues, but overall it's the best phone I've ever owned.
    01-15-09 05:49 PM
    Some issues, but overall it's the best phone I've ever owned.
    I would have to agree with this sentiment. Much better than my old Curve and Chocolate. (last 2 phones I owned)
    01-15-09 05:51 PM
    My first Blackberry and probably the most annoying phone I've ever used. UPgraded to a Curve last week and its been amazing ever since. It would have been a great phone with a smoother OS and better build quality.

The Curve definitely revived my faith in RIM. After owning it for a week, I can say that the Storm would never had been fast enough for me. Too many clicks/fades/transitions to do anything efficiently. I now feel like I have the true power of a smart phone at my disposal.
    Last edited by S3th13; 01-15-09 at 08:06 PM.
    01-15-09 08:04 PM
    I love mine but still having issues and wouldn't give it up for anything
    01-15-09 08:09 PM
    My first Blackberry and probably the most annoying phone I've ever used. UPgraded to a Curve last week and its been amazing ever since
    LOL

Whatever helps you feel better about DOWNgrading

You'll notice none of the commericals feature the Curve

You'll notice none of the buzz out there surrounds the Curve

You'll notice no one oohs and aahs upon seeing your phone.

Heck, you need to come into this forum and "brag" about your device to make yourself relevant.

No thanks, I'll enjoy my superior phone.
    01-15-09 08:12 PM

Thanks for the opinions.

If you have to choose between Curve (on VZW) and Storm..its storm all the way. The curve on VZW is a freaking JOKE...misewell get a treo with the dorky antenna LOL.

Now waiting for the Bold on VZW..who knows if you should have waited but its not due out for 3-4 months. By the time it hits there will be something else in the pipeline from BB..so you misewell wait 3-4 months more..and then by then...get the point?

With technology you can ALWAYS wait another few months or half a year and something more enticing or better will be along. So take the chance, and enjoy your device now is my philosophy. Same goes for computers/tvs and sometimes even cars.
    01-15-09 08:22 PM
    If you have to choose between Curve (on VZW) and Storm..its storm all the way. The curve on VZW is a freaking JOKE...misewell get a treo with the dorky antenna LOL.

Now waiting for the Bold on VZW..who knows if you should have waited but its not due out for 3-4 months. By the time it hits there will be something else in the pipeline from BB..so you misewell wait 3-4 months more..and then by then...get the point?

With technology you can ALWAYS wait another few months or half a year and something more enticing or better will be along. So take the chance, and enjoy your device now is my philosophy. Same goes for computers/tvs and sometimes even cars.
    Couldn't have phrased it better myself. Spot on.
    01-15-09 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD