06-01-09 01:06 PM
33 12
tools
    i came from the curve, and i love my storm. it takes all of the functions from the curve that i liked and added a HUGE screen, touch is faster than the trackball (on a good OS anyway) and typing has been fairly pleasant, when the OS isn't getting in the way.

anyway, there's only one phone coming anytime soon, after that, the next phone is at least 6 months or more (i'm betting for the "or more" part right now) so you'll give 'em time to work the bugs out.

you should be eligible to upgrade every 12 months at the full 2 year discount anyway...so you'll be able to get the next phone before the reviewers call it "old"...lol!
    05-29-09 10:52 AM
    I came from a pearl 8130 and I gotta tell ya aside from the three legged hamster on a spinning wheel that powered it, similiar memory to a Tandy 1000, screen the size of a 1987 handheld calculator(ya know the little solar powered jobs), and suretype keyboard that really blew,

I LOVED IT. !!

It was my first blackberry, sure it couldn't do much appwise and it wasn't very fast but I could get on the internet whenever I wanted, I could record the lectures from my classes review my notes I took in class(although the calculator sized screen made my eyes hurt), I could get the e-mail from my school and personal accounts, I could listen to my MP3's and watch youtube videos(again see the comment about reading my lecture notes), I could get directions thanks to BB maps, IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!

That all being said my Storm is like my right hand it is with me all the freaking time. People can bash it, but I love it.
    05-29-09 11:05 AM
    i gotta say, i owned the pearl before the curve...and you don't know how to manage memory unless you owned the pearl on the release software from VZW....that thing was HORRID!

maybe that's why i'm so patient with the storm.
    05-29-09 11:08 AM
    ive gotta storm,and afta a while u get used to it just like buying a car but with more technology built in.
    05-31-09 03:27 PM
    There's ALWAYS something new coming out...now with that being said...who wants to be the "test guy" b/c alot of times the original versions are a pain...keep what you have until you REALLY see something YOU want, don't keep up with the Jones' & don't go by what someone else says...people didn't like the pearl some don't like the storm...I loved both...I like all Blackberries though...a rep that hasn't used it is not the best advocate & frankly I am puzzled as why someone would encourage you to return it...was it them? Are they uncomfortable with the storm? That's why I rely on what IIIII want not what's suggested..too many opinions
    05-31-09 03:39 PM
    Sgt,

You've got no stupidity, just terminal lock-up from reading all the information/research/half-baked opinions/whatever else about these BBs.

Remember, it's JUST A PHONE... Get the one that makes you happy and non-stressed. If you like the Curve, go for it. Sure, technology is always moving forward-there will always be something better, smarter, sexier, out there. So what?

Don't force yourself to be stuck with something YOU don't really like/want/need. Play with the devices, give yourself enough time to decide, get the one you like, and don't look back!

My .02 worth,

Steve in So Cal
    05-31-09 06:21 PM
    Sgt,

You've got no stupidity, just terminal lock-up from reading all the information/research/half-baked opinions/whatever else about these BBs.

Remember, it's JUST A PHONE... Get the one that makes you happy and non-stressed. If you like the Curve, go for it. Sure, technology is always moving forward-there will always be something better, smarter, sexier, out there. So what?

Don't force yourself to be stuck with something YOU don't really like/want/need. Play with the devices, give yourself enough time to decide, get the one you like, and don't look back!

My .02 worth,

Steve in So Cal

this is very true.. You have to pick what works for you!
    05-31-09 06:24 PM
    from everything we have seen the tour looks great i would wait and get that bb if your dont like the storm. i dont think the storm is for everyone.
    06-01-09 01:06 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD