06-01-09 01:06 PM
33 12
tools
    I ordered a Storm, spent too much time on Crackberry and decided to send it back, Verizon told me to refuse the shipment.

With all of my confusion (do I want the Storm or not?), I spoke with a Verizon rep on the phone and she told me "you are not making a mistake in sending this Storm back. Trust me. If you are happy with your Curve then you will be even happier with what's coming. Trust me".

So, I am trusting her.

Now for the confusion. I see so many sneak peeks on here, I don't know what may be coming. And with whatever does come, do I need WiFi? Why or why not?

Being that I am happy with the Curve, should I stick with a never version of the Curve (If there is one) or go with a step up?

Sorry for the stupidity, but I am just overwhelmed right now. My newbie titled probably gives you that clue.
    05-23-09 03:14 PM
    I went from the storm to the curve. The storm was crap and I gave it a 5 month try. The curve is much less stressful becuz it accually works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 03:23 PM
    I like my storm. But I didn't come from a Curve. Most that come from the Curve hate the storm and just go back to their Curve. But it's always nice to try something new right?
    05-23-09 03:41 PM
    "Whats coming" is probably the 8530 curve or the 9630 tour for verizon. She was probably telling you to wait because those phone are coming out, and have more and better capabilities that what is currently out there. Also the older phones (curve 8330, 8830, 8130 etc) wont be getting any more software upgrades once OS 5.0 comes out in a few months. Best to wait.
    05-23-09 03:50 PM
    Thank you. I am anxious to see what is offered next. I will admit, I was holding out for that Apple device that shall not be named, but the more I read, Blackberry is here to stay in my house.
    05-24-09 07:21 AM
    And the storm 2 which so far has gotten solid previews
    05-24-09 09:58 AM
    I went with the Curve last Sept and have been happy with it. Not sure that I'd like a touch screen BB. Anyhow, as others have mentioned, I believe you'll like the Curve.
    05-24-09 10:51 AM
    And the storm 2 which so far has gotten solid previews
    Really? If you are speaking of the brief video, I wouldn't call that a solid preview.

But maybe I missed something. I'll be the first to admitt that I'm not really in the know about jack!
    05-24-09 10:58 AM
    Not on here, other sites have previewed it as well. By preview i dont mean a video rundown, i mean "yeah it feels good, looks really nice, the screen is very responsive, etc" not hardcore application testing
    05-24-09 11:01 AM
    You would be wise to wait. With so many new Blackberrys on the horizon, and a Storm 2, why would you buy a Storm 1 now?
    05-24-09 11:56 AM
    If you are happy with verizon then you must be confused HA!

If you like your curve I think you should definitely wait around for the Tour. I know a few people who thought using a touchscreen to type on would be okay until they tried it. Then they found out they hated it.
    GSM curve users who have moved to the 8900 have been thrilled overall I think, and the dimensions for the Tour are between the 8900 and the bold I think.

05-24-09 01:22 PM
    I went from the storm to the curve. The storm was crap and I gave it a 5 month try. The curve is much less stressful becuz it accually works

to operate a storm you have to be very technial, yes the curve and bold are easier to use but i like messing around with my os, and i love the fact that its a touchscreen but most of all i like that is a challenge!!!!
    05-24-09 04:49 PM
    The storm 2 is said to be a lot better so just return the storm.

05-24-09 07:12 PM
    The Storm isn't even on my radar anymore. It's just not an option. I will hang around and wait for the next round of Blackberries to appear (I can't wait!).
    05-24-09 08:43 PM
    definetly have a good look at the tour... I think it may fill your media needs better as that usually is what draws people into a touchscreen anyway...

the only thing it will lack from the storm is the screen size

but you gain more application space..
    05-24-09 09:26 PM
    How do you have a Curve 8900 on Verizon ?
    05-25-09 06:36 PM
    How do you have a Curve 8900 on Verizon ?

I am sure he has a different model curve not the 8900
    05-25-09 07:26 PM

the only thing it will lack from the storm is the screen size
    And touch, just so there's no confusion.

05-25-09 08:29 PM
    I gave up my Storm in less than a week and I have no regrets... didn't like the twisting and turing to veiw or type. But going for something better because after browsing the website with the Storm, there's no comparison with the Curve -- browsing is SLOW. Looking forward to the 9630!
    05-26-09 10:03 AM
    It depends on your level of comfort with the phone. If you're already finding yourself having issues with the Storm and just can't get used to it or just plain don't like it then I would try out the Curve. As for waiting for whatever is new coming down the pipeline, I don't suggest jumping right on a phone as soon as its released if you're not comfortable with technology.
    05-26-09 12:56 PM
    And touch, just so there's no confusion.

yes my bad suppose I should have stated that.
    05-26-09 01:09 PM
    One Word...

TOUR
    05-27-09 09:58 PM
    And my two cents on "needing wifi"...if you work in a dungeon with a router or spend lots of time at middle of no where trucks stops that don't include a McDonalds or Starbucks (because it costs you money) then yes you probably could use it. Otherwise, probably not.
    05-27-09 10:03 PM
    One Word...
    TOUR
    Is it just me or does anybody else wish they would change the name to something else???
    Regardless of what its called it WILL BE my first BB (YAY).
    Everybody just be glad you don't have to wait til Jan 18 for your upgrade like I do (boo)

NewB first post, posted via my ENV2 and nobody is ENVious.

05-29-09 06:57 AM
    Is it just me or does anybody else wish they would change the name to something else???
    Regardless of what its called it WILL BE my first BB (YAY).
    Everybody just be glad you don't have to wait til Jan 18 for your upgrade like I do (boo)

NewB first post, posted via my ENV2 and nobody is ENVious.

I have to wait until February 21, 2010 for my upgrade My current phone is an enV2 as well, and I love it... really I do, but I will be leaving it behind in Feb. for my very first BB! So many new BB's coming out soon, it makes it hard to decide!
    05-29-09 08:44 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD