Okay, let me have it

as one of the Storm's most ardent defenders, today is the 1st day I found myself visibly frustrated with the device (impressive considering I use it a ton since 12/2/08)

started off fine, I sent quite a few texts/emails early this morning and remarked how much better my typing has gotten since I got it especially in portrait mode

Troubles started around noon when I went to end a call while in my car and the phone just froze (this has happened before, not frequently, but it's the 2nd time it's happened to me while driving and well, that meant 30 minutes without an active phone as I didn't want to pull over to yank the battery)

then came my boiling frustration with the autocorrect on this device. Yes, I know it's not fair to compare it to the iPhone's (and I can nitpick about the iPhone's autocorrection too), but serious, it is just atrocious.

And finally, for the first time ever, I had problems on the reception end of calls tonight. There was an incredibly annoying buzzing static that the callers on the other end could not hear, but I could. Even with 5 signals. I hung up and retried the call from a different area of my house, same static. I hung up and tried speakerphone, same static.

Just one day's frustration but I can certainly begin to see how people could be so angered if this is what they put up with daily.
    03-11-09 07:20 PM
    Okay, let me have it

as one of the Storm's most ardent defenders, today is the 1st day I found myself visibly frustrated with the device (impressive considering I use it a ton since 12/2/08)

started off fine, I sent quite a few texts/emails early this morning and remarked how much better my typing has gotten since I got it especially in portrait mode

Troubles started around noon when I went to end a call while in my car and the phone just froze (this has happened before, not frequently, but it's the 2nd time it's happened to me while driving and well, that meant 30 minutes without an active phone as I didn't want to pull over to yank the battery)

then came my boiling frustration with the autocorrect on this device. Yes, I know it's not fair to compare it to the iPhone's (and I can nitpick about the iPhone's autocorrection too), but serious, it is just atrocious.

And finally, for the first time ever, I had problems on the reception end of calls tonight. There was an incredibly annoying buzzing static that the callers on the other end could not hear, but I could. Even with 5 signals. I hung up and retried the call from a different area of my house, same static. I hung up and tried speakerphone, same static.

Just one day's frustration but I can certainly begin to see how people could be so angered if this is what they put up with daily.
    I aint going to let you have it because for once you have posted valid well known issues. Unlike some posts people just find one flaw, then compare this to the iphone which isnt flawed (on the specific problem your getting on the storm) it proper gets on my tats lol.

Iv had the storm for just 2 months now. Im not as well experianced as you are as you have had it longer but i understand where your coming from, as when it just freezes. My instance is not when i end the call its when i go to pick it up. Here is what happens. Im looking to buy my first house and have been awaiting a call from my hated/beloved bank manager. Id been using my Storm all day no problems. Then my phone rang. Pulled the storm out of the pouch and black screen. Phone froze. Did get a little annoyed though as i was the most important call of the day.

Thats the only problem iv had with the storm since iv had it. Oh and a few battery pulls, which i think was a dodgy SD card. But i Exchanged the storm for a new one never the less .

What personally tops it off when your phone freezes, is how long it takes the OS to load. I wouldnt be that peeved if it froze and reset in like 10 seconds so i could wait for the person calling to ring back, but it takes like 5 minutes to loud. Im like pulling my hair out everytime the clock appears haha.

Even with these problems on the storm. Its still my best phone iv owned. And no im not a fanboy as its my first. But im getting that way

~Joe
    03-12-09 06:48 AM
    Well look at it this way. Just be glad you've had it this long with no trouble. As I'm sure you are aware of you can read multiple posts on here about people having trouble with their storms from day one. I know it doesn't help your problem, but maybe you can do some routine maintenance. Try freeing up some memory and doing routine battery pulls and maybe that will help the freezing up. As far as the static, if that continues you may have other problems on your hands. Good luck!
    03-12-09 06:58 AM
    I have scheduled QuickPull occuring each evening with no issues. Yesterday was the 1st freeze in a while, but it came at a very inopportune time. I've also had freezes coming out of the pouch but fortunately, those are even rarer.

My memory shuldn't be an issue, I've got over 40MB free.

Finally regarding the static, it's gone away. I still like the device tons but it really aggravated me yesterday.
    03-12-09 09:13 AM
    I have scheduled QuickPull occuring each evening with no issues. Yesterday was the 1st freeze in a while, but it came at a very inopportune time. I've also had freezes coming out of the pouch but fortunately, those are even rarer.

My memory shuldn't be an issue, I've got over 40MB free.

Finally regarding the static, it's gone away. I still like the device tons but it really aggravated me yesterday.
    The static doesn't necessarily mean the phone. there are occasions when i hear an echo. i know its the NETWORK because it happened with my old LG Dare and because it's never a constant nor consistent thing.

I know the Storm's rocky start has people suspicious of the phone. But people have to break the mindset that everything is the phone's fault. There are still things that are Verizon's fault here as well.
    03-12-09 10:22 AM
    so dumb question probably but does pulling out the battery once and awhile help the whole 'phone randomly restarting issues'? other then that no problems yet with my storm.
    03-12-09 12:22 PM
    The static doesn't necessarily mean the phone. there are occasions when i hear an echo. i know its the NETWORK because it happened with my old LG Dare and because it's never a constant nor consistent thing.

I know the Storm's rocky start has people suspicious of the phone. But people have to break the mindset that everything is the phone's fault. There are still things that are Verizon's fault here as well.
    it's certainly possible as my old phone had that annoying echo all the time in my home

it has NEVER happened with my Storm so when it occurred yesterday, I blamed the phone
    03-12-09 12:45 PM
    so dumb question probably but does pulling out the battery once and awhile help the whole 'phone randomly restarting issues'? other then that no problems yet with my storm.
    It probably doesn't. I actually ran my phone 6 weeks without doing battery pulls until the device crashed. I could go for about 2-3 weeks before doing so.

Now I've just gotten OCD about it and use a scheduled QuickPull when I know I'll be fast asleep (usually by 11PM each night as I'm on a rough project that requires 5AM start times)
    03-12-09 12:49 PM
    Here is how you fix it, install the latest "leaked" OS, it works for me perfectly, it is almost flawless, and lightning fast. Uninstall all 3rd party apps, do a quickpull every hour, and BINGO, oh I almost forgot the iPhone has bugs too.
    03-12-09 01:10 PM
    The iPhone had bugs too. Who can forget its launch.

The iPhone has reception issues as well and the iPhone suffers from some network problems too.

Off topic: my new LCD monitor took a dump the other day but then I felt better because I remembered the iPhone had some issues as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 01:26 PM
    Here is how you fix it, install the latest "leaked" OS, it works for me perfectly, it is almost flawless, and lightning fast. Uninstall all 3rd party apps, do a quickpull every hour, and BINGO, oh I almost forgot the iPhone has bugs too.
    Troll Post

'K? Thanx! Buh-Bye!
    03-12-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD