Here is a thought:

The Storm can be more or less nice, and the OS more or less functional, but my biggest worry is: If you plan to buy device for a long term use, there are two issues that will critically affect its half life:

1. Screen Click. How many clicks will the device tolerate without being dysfunctional? I already noticed that is harder to click after a month...

2. Gap of Screen. How can a device last if water and dust can enter so easily? Do you avoid talking when rains?

Bottom line, although I love it, I am aware that I better have a cheap insurance, cause there's no way that it will last long (and I have it in a plastic bag, shame on me). I think that is not technically at the level of its price as is.
    01-15-09 01:44 PM
    ...#2 - Have you heard of Bluetooth devices?

As for the "half life of the device, who knows, but we are about to find out.
    01-15-09 01:48 PM
    Hahaha, funny!
    But the good thing of the bluetooth is to be optional, not mandatory in rainy days
    I just think that a pricy and fun device like this should be a bit more solid.
    01-15-09 01:58 PM
    I tend to agree. Every phone I've owned, including a handful of smartphones have been more or less a solid device (physically). I have never owned a phone that I worried about when it would say fall a few feet or that I could throw on my couch from across the room. The storm just seems delicate. As if it would break on it's own if I don't treat it like glass all the time. Even other full touch screen phones are more solid. (Yes I do find the fact that the iphone is one solid slab of screen and phone that is very sturdy to be a great piece of hardware.).
    01-15-09 02:12 PM
    Mine has taken two hard falls, enough to pop the battery cover. It survived with no apparent damage.

I do have two specks of dust under the screen, which pisses me off. I'll be monitoring this problem, which is a bigger concern than any software glitches.

Worst case scenario, I'll hang tough until my contract is up and LTE phones are available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 05:21 PM
    I don't use any of my electronics out in the rain. That seems silly, screen caps or not.
    01-15-09 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD