Im gutted got the storm yesterday and took it back today

I am hoping somebody will give me a solution, so I can go back and get another one

Problems I had

1. Would not connect to my googlemail account (yes I am in the UK and my email addy is a googlemail one I even tried it as a gmail setup as well). I have enabled both pop & imap on my googlemail account and can access from my sony c902 using the gmail app on there and also using outlook on my pc but the storm just says try again !!!!

2. spoke to customer service after waiting for 30 minutes and I think they completely messed up my account. They said they would reset my account and I have feeling they messed up somebody elses and after logging with their instructions I had 2 email address added (neither was mine) and it also said I was registered to another device do I want to be added to this one, which they told me to say yes. They then said they are only relief staff and to phone back after 8am the next morning...... hmm fobbed off I felt !!! cheers vodafone !!

3. After no 2 the sat nav app kept coming up with a http 502 error, but I hadn't had chance to use it as I had not had a 3 g signal to install it and this COULD BE A CONSCIENCE

4. I wasn't able to send a Mp3 or contact file from my c902 to the storm

I am gutted as I thought it was great and ticked all the boxes that I wanted, the internet was fast and good, the device was sturdy and it streamed music to my wireless bluetooth headset brilliantly (unlike my c902!!!)

Has anybody else has similar problems or can anybody else with a soluton to them so I can go back and get another
    Last edited by payneardo; 11-16-08 at 04:00 PM.
    11-16-08 03:57 PM
    1,2,3 are most likely due to bad provisioning on the carrier's end. Voda botched the launch a bit with the email setup. You could have watched the videos on the crackberry blog site to see if you were setting up email the correct way. While the Storm does email setup a bit differently, setup is pretty much foolproof on a BB. The only time it doesn't work is when your account isn't properly provisioned by the carrier for BB service. This coupled with a newbie BB user can make for a bad experience since you automatically think it's the handsets fault.

Number 4... that's most likely due to a bluetooth file transfer limitation or some other format issue between the phones (in regards to your contact file).
    11-16-08 04:15 PM
    the fact that you said "sat nav" (no one in america says that, and would probably only know to say it if they watch Top Gear, myself included) leads me to wish you good luck in getting a new one and having a successful time. sorry that had to happen to you, but remember, i'm sure you're not the only one.
    11-16-08 04:21 PM
    1,2,3 are most likely due to bad provisioning on the carrier's end. Voda botched the launch a bit with the email setup. You could have watched the videos on the crackberry blog site to see if you were setting up email the correct way. While the Storm does email setup a bit differently, setup is pretty much foolproof on a BB. The only time it doesn't work is when your account isn't properly provisioned by the carrier for BB service. This coupled with a newbie BB user can make for a bad experience since you automatically think it's the handsets fault.

Number 4... that's most likely due to a bluetooth file transfer limitation or some other format issue between the phones (in regards to your contact file).
    Thanx for the replies, in a way I wished I kept it and persevered but after an hour with tech support and other hour with the staff in the shop they still couldn't get it working to a googlemail account but could to a native gmail account, it also couldn't connect to hotmail.co.uk account but could to a hotmail.com one. I also spent a good couple of hours surfing the web to try and find a solution to something that should have been straight forward. It would be interesting if anybody else in the UK has had the same problem as it does seem to be UK based email it has a problem with

regarding bluetooth, I thought the same thing and tried to send Mp3 files from my laptop and it also wouldn't receive them, the only way was by usb with the media centre. It was the same with any file I tried to send from my 902 phone (picture, contact, mp3, wma file and all they could tell me was put in listen mode, which I did and it just sat with my c902 saying it can't send the file !!. I probably got a dodgy model or just UK based errors
    Last edited by payneardo; 11-16-08 at 05:04 PM.
    11-16-08 04:59 PM
    the fact that you said "sat nav" (no one in america says that, and would probably only know to say it if they watch Top Gear, myself included) leads me to wish you good luck in getting a new one and having a successful time. sorry that had to happen to you, but remember, i'm sure you're not the only one.
    oops sorry about the "local lingo"

I think it was called wayfinder but google maps DID work !!! but was a few roads off the location.......
    11-16-08 05:02 PM
    BT works fine on mine, you must have missed some steps. First you need to pair both phones, then go to bb picture viewer or music player, click menu, and select receive using BT, last, transfer the file from your other phone.

Thanx for the replies, in a way I wished I kept it and persevered but after an hour with tech support and other hour with the staff in the shop they still couldn't get it working to a googlemail account but could to a native gmail account, it also couldn't connect to hotmail.co.uk account but could to a hotmail.com one. I also spent a good couple of hours surfing the web to try and find a solution to something that should have been straight forward. It would be interesting if anybody else in the UK has had the same problem as it does seem to be UK based email it has a problem with

regarding bluetooth, I thought the same thing and tried to send Mp3 files from my laptop and it also wouldn't receive them, the only way was by usb with the media centre. It was the same with any file I tried to send from my 902 phone (picture, contact, mp3, wma file and all they could tell me was put in listen mode, which I did and it just sat with my c902 saying it can't send the file !!. I probably got a dodgy model or just UK based errors
    11-16-08 05:08 PM
    BT works fine on mine, you must have missed some steps. First you need to pair both phones, then go to bb picture viewer or music player, click menu, and select receive using BT, last, transfer the file from your other phone.
    Cheers but I tried that as well and it didn't work as I found similar instructions when searching it on the web last night. I am starting to think I had a dodgy handset and cust services messed up my account...... Might have another trip to voda 2moz and get them to test it all before signing up and taking it way ...

Thanks again for all your help
    11-16-08 05:13 PM
    No worries!
    Cheers but I tried that as well and it didn't work as I found similar instructions when searching it on the web last night. I am starting to think I had a dodgy handset and cust services messed up my account...... Might have another trip to voda 2moz and get them to test it all before signing up and taking it way ...

Thanks again for all your help
    11-16-08 05:16 PM
    oops sorry about the "local lingo"

I think it was called wayfinder but google maps DID work !!! but was a few roads off the location.......
    haha, nope it's cool. i look forward to illegally downloading season twelve of TG and putting it onto my STORM.
    11-17-08 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD